Richardsons Bargains 2017 End Of Season Boats

Some right bargains here, I have not updated our boat sales page so you heard it here first, 

we have had a fair bit of interest in a couple but nothing sold so far. 

£

Dawn Horizon 1

Dawn Horizon 2

Executive

Golden Horizon 1

Southern Horizon 1

Southern Horizon 2

Broadland Lass 2

Hawaii

San Moritz 1

San Moritz 2

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

They do indeed look like bargains. If I lived closer to the heaven which is the broads I would be hugely tempted .  There's a lot of boat there for around the 20 grand mark, I'm sure also they have been well looked after and serviced. The added bonus being they could probably find their own way around the broads!!!

I hope your looking after mystic horizon for my week late September :default_biggrin:, can't wait, it's getting closer . 

• Like 2

I'd want Broads Venture, not to buy it, but just to give him a leg up on getting her finished!  It's a crying shame we are not seeing her out and about on the rivers, especially with his resources.  She should be at Beccles this year as a piece of Broads history showing off

Griff

• Like 1

Some real Bargains there,  I figure a few people are going to end up with some real value for their money. In fact I think it is some of the most sensible boat prices I have seen when compared to other yards disposal stock prices.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webntweb said:

They look pretty good value.

Not sure about Hawaii though. £27,000 for a grp boat probably approaching 50 years old.

Roy

but with a full refit about 15years ago and nanni engine not completely original

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I'd want Broads Venture, not to buy it, but just to give him a leg up on getting her finished!  It's a crying shame we are not seeing her out and about on the rivers, especially with his resources.  She should be at Beccles this year as a piece of Broads history showing off

Griff

slowly getting there, but at Horning we look after everyone else first.. 

We are going to finish Jomaric so I can use her over the winter and will be ready for next season then attack Broadsventure for me to use next summer. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Some value for money boats there. Trouble is the annual expenditure, moorings and tolls based on length mean that the running costs for some of these old boats can quite easily represent a significant percentage of the purchase price each year.

While some of these boats won;t be to all tastes, you really cannot argue with the prices. These types of boats make ideal 'live-aboard' cruisers and many an ex-hire boat from Richardson;s will find themselves far from home on other waterways providing people with their home on the water. 

Saturn is especially keenly priced not that I am looking for another river boat, but as many will be doing, looking and wondering 'what if'.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jonzo said:

It'd have to be the AF42's for me! A bit of paintwork needed, but loads of space.

I've never warmed to their designs John, I think it is the rear end windows being rather 'sharp edged' but they have pretty much everything going for them. Nice rear well, plenty of space, centre wheelhouse and sliding canopy - able to pass under bridges with ease.  Though smaller in size, The Corsican is a great example of what can be done internally by making the front of the boat one large cabin with ensuite.

But you know, I don;t really care if new boats are coming on stream, it always a shame to see boats you 'grew up with' and see countless times over the years suddenly no longer in a fleet and if you see them renamed and with 'privately equipped' (Red Ensign) you always say "oh that used you be..."

We own an ex-Richardson's 1967 Bermuda (had various names but its last incarnation was 'Corfu') and it is still going strong.  The GRP is fine.  I know it is a bathtub but it is very user friendly bathtub, and it was what we could afford at the time.  Plus we can fit a large parrot cage in it which was an essential requirement! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 22:53, Wyndham said:

Shame... got just a bit excited when I saw this, sadly all a tad larger than we were looking for.

Never mind, something will come up.

Have just added a Hampton 25 at £15,000 it thats any good??

also updated the engine info and BSS expiry dates. 

We were only talking about broads cruisers the other day, then a boat we had hired, Golden horizon pops up, if my prognosis was more than 12 months I may have considered it, but we are mostly using our current Viking 23 as accommodation when we babysit our grandson in Oxford most weeks. We do get a few cruises in though. Thank goodness for electric hook up lol.

Our daughter's house has three floors, so getting to the spare bedroom on the third floor is nearly impossible now. We had a stair lift fitted a couple of weeks ago at home, and that has been a godsend.  I also bought a lift and recline chair that throws you out of it lol. so still getting about lol.

In fact, not even sure we could do the Norfolk run now from Staffordshire anymore.

We had thought about selling our Viking 23 and bringing in a bigger boat, more suited to winter accomodation and cruising. However, my condition seems to get worse by the week, so an option not really available to us. But the thought was there lol  No point in tying up collateral, then the family trying to sell it months from now.

Richard

• Like 5