Electrical

Guest Notorious

Hey guys.

As well as getting my sounder fitter i seem to have lost power to my VHF and GPS and was wondering if anyone knows someone who knows about electical stuff and would be able to take a look at it and fit the sounder?

Many thanks.

Andy.

That's very true Gordon (in fact never a truer word written), but from his post it would not help, I think your man is looking for some physical help rather than advice as this is outside his comfort zone.

I reckon we should have a forum meet that includes some kind of basic fault finding class as I'm certain it would be both useful and appreciated by a number of people. We have them at SPYC and they are usually over subscribed. OMG, what have I said. :o

That's very true Gordon (in fact never a truer word written), but from his post it would not help, I think your man is looking for some physical help rather than advice as this is outside his comfort zone.

I reckon we should have a forum meet that includes some kind of basic fault finding class as I'm certain it would be both useful and appreciated by a number of people. We have them at SPYC and they are usually over subscribed. OMG, what have I said. :o

What a great idea David, when were you thinking of doing it? cheersbar

I think as this is a broads forum then that's the place to do it, it was a bit of a throw away really but if there's serious interest then it would be rude not to, a contribution to forum funding would be a help too, I guess it's up for discussion. Perhaps we can get a bit of sponsorship or loan of materials from ohh, I don't know, Volvo for instance. Anybody know a Volvo GB man at all. :naughty: Perhaps a date im May would be best.

All that sounds good..

As for me im at Brundall Gardens. I want someone to take a look at the VHF and also fit the sounder and transducer. The reason is quite simple, i know absolutely nothing about electrics and dont want to break anyhting. I do like to learn tho. So if anyone does know someone that would be awesome.

Andy :)