DRL Marine

NorfolkNog

We were looking out for a boat to hire in February for Mrs Nog’s birthday and speaking to Lorraine at the excellent Dog Inn, she said why not try DRL? So we spoke to Darren who was most helpful and we arranged to hire Fine Time last week. Very comfortable craft for two based on an Alpha hull and fitted out in what I can only describe as retro romantic, someone has obviously put a lot of thought into the design. The boat performed well and we were very pleased with it. Huge newly fitted out bathroom as well. Great service from Darren and the team, Darren's dad even picked us up and returned us to Hoveton as we had come down on the train. We had a brilliant holiday. Highly recommended. 7.gif

cheersbar

post-131-13671365855_thumb.jpg

post-131-136713658564_thumb.jpg

That's useful feedback Howard. Pleased you enjoyed yourselves - were there many hireboats about? Fine Time was for many years Caprice from Sabena Marine and as you saw Sabena had their own individual way of styling interiors. DRL have a few ex-Sabena boats. Royall Oak at Royall's Boatyard (formerly Sabena's White Diamond) used to have bright purple upholstery in its Sabena days!

Spotted!!! Just shows you can’t get away with anything on the Broads ;)

If you look carefully you can see the logo in the window.

Yes, thanks all, had a fantastic time. There were a few boats around as I think it was also half term week. DRL had quite a few out as did Faircraft Loynes and saw a couple of Herbert Woods as well as the odd private boat. Also saw a couple of Freedom boats out too. We were careful about the ice; Malthouse Broad was frozen at one stage although we took a chance after looking at the forecast and moored there on Friday night. It didn’t freeze but it was a close thing. Womack was frozen on Monday morning but we rang Darren as soon as we hit the ice. He asked us to carry on but take it slowly which we did. They have taken over much of the old Sabena fleet (we hired one of the Cameros a few years back). Funnily enough the sister boat to Fine Time (Caprice) is up for sale at Waterside. Spent a bit of time studying my bank balance but came to the sad conclusion I could probably only afford the fenders. :cry

But, yes, great service from DRL, very pleased.

cheersbar

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Howard, why not write a thread in the holiday tales section?. Hopefully my Wife and i will be up there either early May or early June for my Birthday. Glad you had a great time, and i agree with Broads01 being excellent feedback. Regards............Neil.