Canary And Linnet Pub, Little Fransham

Hi everyone

Last year i mentioned that Tia and I were taking over the Canary & Linnet in Little Fransham near Dereham. Not exactly a Broads pub I know, but we are on the A47, which many members probably go past us going to and from the Broads. Well six months on and things so far are going well. We have some great food reviews on trip advisor and numbers increase week on week. Check out our website for food menus etc www.thecanaryandlinnet.com.

We love to see some of you call in for lunch  {weekdays & Sat 12-2pm ) Sunday 12 to 5.30pm) . Evening service 6-9pm  Yes we are dog friendly too. In return we offer a 10% discount on food to all forum members.

The down side poor old Movic is feeling a bit neglected this year :4_joy: , but managed a few days afloat.

Mark & Tia

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

An interesting name. The Canary was often crossed with the European Linnet to produce a bird called a "Mule" which was said to be the best Finch, Canary cross for singing.

Mules are normally barren but sometimes one is fertile and I believe that I read somewhere this is how the Norwich Canary got it's russet colour. Not to be confused with the football team!!! Which are yellow. Norwich was famous for it's singing birds which were exported worldwide.

• Like 1