How Many Electric Posts?

webntweb

I am trying to put together a list of electric posts. Not just where they are but the number of posts at each location.

The ones I have listed are mainly from memory so could you kind people put me right on numbers and any I have missed.

Dilham 1,   Sutton Staithe 2,   Irstead 1,   Potter Heigham 2,   Coltishall 2,   Hoveton 2,   Horning 2,   Ranworth 2,   Stokesby 1,   Yarmouth YS ?,   Norwich YS ?,   Whitlingham 1,   Bramerton 3,   Rockland 1,   Hardley 2 (got this off the BA website so I assume they mean the posts at the pontoon moorings just below Cantley),   Reedham 2,   Loddon 2,   Burgh Castle 1,   St Olaves 1,   Somerleyton 2,   Oulton YS several,   Beccles YS several.

There are also pubs who allow electric hook up (usually for a fee): New Inn (Horning) 2 or 3,   Bridge Inn (Acle) ?,   Ferry House (Surlingham) 3,   Waters Edge (Bramerton) 2,   Waveney Inn (Burgh St Peter) several.

Roy  

13 minutes ago, webntweb said:

I am trying to put together a list of electric posts. Not just where they are but the number of posts at each location.

The ones I have listed are mainly from memory so could you kind people put me right on numbers and any I have missed.

Dilham 1,   Sutton Staithe 2,   Irstead 1,   Potter Heigham 2,   Coltishall 2,   Hoveton 2,   Horning 2,   Ranworth 2,   Stokesby 1,   Yarmouth YS ?,   Norwich YS 3,   Whitlingham 1,   Bramerton 3,   Rockland 1,   Hardley 2 (got this off the BA website so I assume they mean the posts at the pontoon moorings just below Cantley),   Reedham 2,   Loddon 2,   Burgh Castle 1,   St Olaves 1,   Somerleyton 2,   Oulton YS several,   Beccles YS 3.

There are also pubs who allow electric hook up (usually for a fee): New Inn (Horning) 2 or 3,   Bridge Inn (Acle) ?,   Coldham Hall at least 2?, Ferry House (Surlingham) 3,   Waters Edge (Bramerton) 2,   Waveney Inn (Burgh St Peter) several.

Roy  

Hi Roy,

I have amended your post above with details I know of, best of luck with your list.

Regards

Alan

Latest update:

Dilham 1,   Sutton Staithe 2,   Irstead 1,   Potter Heigham 2,   Coltishall 2,   Hoveton 2,   Horning 2,   Ranworth 4,   Stokesby 1,   Yarmouth YS ?,   Norwich YS 3,   Whitlingham 1,   Bramerton 3,   Rockland 1,   Hardley 2 (got this off the BA website so I assume they mean the posts at the pontoon moorings just below Cantley),   Reedham 2,   Loddon 2,   Burgh Castle 1,   St Olaves 1,   Somerleyton 2,   Oulton YS several,   Beccles YS 3.

There are also pubs who allow electric hook up (usually for a fee): New Inn (Horning) 2 or 3,   Bridge Inn (Acle) ?,  Coldham Hall at least 2,   Ferry House (Surlingham) 3,   Waters Edge (Bramerton) 2,   Waveney Inn (Burgh St Peter) several.

Thank you Trevor & Deirdre

Latest update:

Dilham 2,   Sutton Staithe 2,   Irstead 1,   Potter Heigham 2,   Coltishall 2,   Hoveton 2,   Horning 2,   Ranworth 4,   Stokesby 1,   Yarmouth YS ?,   Norwich YS 3,   Whitlingham 2,   Bramerton 3,   Rockland 1,   Hardley 2 (got this off the BA website so I assume they mean the posts at the pontoon moorings just below Cantley),   Reedham 2,   Loddon 2,   Burgh Castle 1,   St Olaves 1,   Somerleyton 2,   Oulton YS several,   Beccles YS 3.

There are also pubs who allow electric hook up (usually for a fee): New Inn (Horning) 2 or 3,   Bridge Inn (Acle) ?,  Coldham Hall at least 2,   Ferry House (Surlingham) 3,   Waters Edge (Bramerton) 2,   Waveney Inn (Burgh St Peter) several.

Thanks Ricardo

Edited by ranworthbreeze
Updated information

Latest update:

Dilham 2,   Sutton Staithe 2,   Irstead 1,   Potter Heigham 2,   Coltishall 2,   Hoveton 2,   Horning 2,   Ranworth 4,   Stokesby 1,   Yarmouth YS ?,   Norwich YS 3,   Whitlingham 2,   Bramerton 3,   Rockland 1,   Hardley 2 (got this off the BA website so I assume they mean the posts at the pontoon moorings just below Cantley),   Reedham 2,   Loddon 2,   Burgh Castle 1,   St Olaves 1,   Somerleyton 2,   Oulton YS several,   Beccles YS 3.

There are also pubs who allow electric hook up (usually for a fee): New Inn (Horning) 2 or 3,   Bridge Inn (Acle) ?,  Coldham Hall at least 2,   Ferry House (Surlingham) 3,   Waters Edge (Bramerton) 2,   Waveney Inn (Burgh St Peter) several.

Thanks folks. Off tomorrow for a week on the south side. Then on the 2nd Sept having a week on the north side. I'll see if I can update a few places we are not sure about.

Roy

Latest update:

Dilham 2,   Sutton Staithe 2,   Irstead 1,   Potter Heigham 2,   Coltishall 1,   Hoveton 2,   Horning 2,   Ranworth 4,   Stokesby 1,   Yarmouth YS ?,   Norwich YS 3,   Whitlingham 2,   Bramerton 3,   Rockland 1,   Hardley 2 (got this off the BA website so I assume they mean the posts at the pontoon moorings just below Cantley),   Reedham 2,   Loddon 2,   Burgh Castle 1,   St Olaves 1,   Somerleyton 2,   Oulton YS several,   Beccles YS 3.

Thanks David and Alan - looking forward to your info.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We have used a few posts this week on the Southern Broads, there is a mixture of some that have old card repositories and others that do not. 

The issue I have with the new posts is that because of a card reader and a meter mounted one above the other by the time it gets to the lower meter it is very difficult to read the meter to check what credit is on the post and if the reader has put your additional pound of credit onto the meter. 

Bramerton Common could do with a fourth post further down the moorings, the three current posts are all in one area.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

We have used a few posts this week on the Southern Broads, there is a mixture of some that have old card repositories and others that do not. 

The issue I have with the new posts is that because of a card reader and a meter mounted one above the other by the time it gets to the lower meter it is very difficult to read the meter to check what credit is on the post and if the reader has put your additional pound of credit onto the meter. 

Bramerton Common could do with a fourth post further down the moorings, the three current posts are all in one area.

Regards

Alan 

Totally agree Alan had the Meter been above the card readers it would be a lot easier , the lower one is a kneeing down job n not funny in the rain , if I remember correctly JP said these issue's were going to be addressed , BTW don't use the 32 amp socket on the post furthest away from Norwich ie nearest the steps at whitlingham country park , its been reported at least 4 times by myself and more than that by others I know and has had an issue since April , last time I looked it was showing -58p and uses a card in a matter of minutes no matter if a load is on it or not so please beware of it . bramerton suffers from the same thing as NYS ie all the posts in one area a bit short sighted really but I guess its down to the cost of armoured cable .

Update on the problem post at whitlingham , BA visited today and they can clearly see there's a problem and are sure to get an electrician out to sort it but its currently taped off ( just that one  socket) so no one makes the mistake as quite a few have of plugging in , also as JP stated would be done ie a more user friendly access to meter  as in one door is deffinatly on the cards but likely to be done out of season which makes sense really , this post is aparantly the only one on the system that has a problem which ain't bad considering how many metres were replaced , all in all a result :default_biggrin:.

2 hours ago, Regulo said:

Thanks for the update Rick. Might be there over the weekend. Keep the hound under control, he's tasted my blood before! :default_biggrin:

No worry's Ray he's still as bouncy but he's mellowed a little , can't say that for my pigeon who thinks he's a falcon but he's in a cage , n no I'm not joking :default_biggrin:

For our April/May outing on Royale Emblem I bought 5 cards. Ended up not using any of them as there was credit on all the posts we used that week (Norwich, Loddon, Ludham). Also, even though we were fairly profligate about using heating, TV etc. in the evenings when plugged into shore power we seemed to use very little credit off the posts. I'm wondering if the boat we were on just had very efficient batteries, or whether the solar panels on the roof made a difference (not that it was particularly sunny that week). 

Even when we were on moorings without shore power we had no problems using heating in the evenings without running the engine, though we were a bit more cautious about running heating and TV for any length of time. 

Helen

• 1 month later...

Maybe this is a silly question but are any of these electric posts turned off out of season ?

We are spending Christmas afloat and would like the luxury of possibly being able to hook up for heat should the need arise. Would like to bring an oil radiator to take the overnight chill off. Any advice would be grateful.

Glenn

The majority are live all season but those at Norwich YS are  not same for Yarmouth as you aren't supposed to stop at Yarmouth out of season though iv yet to see anything from BA that officially say you can't , incidentally Norwich when there was only one post outside the gate then that was left on in winter , to me its extremely short slighted of both BA and the councils that both sites are returned to out of season as far as both the supply of electric posts and water points after all BA to my knowledge provided them or should I say the navigation budget did and we all know who provides that !