How Many Electric Posts?

webntweb

13 hours ago, olliverdrake said:

Maybe this is a silly question but are any of these electric posts turned off out of season ?

We are spending Christmas afloat and would like the luxury of possibly being able to hook up for heat should the need arise. Would like to bring an oil radiator to take the overnight chill off. Any advice would be grateful.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

All the charging points should be on after the season ends, as already stated Norwich & Yarmouth yacht stations are closed and Beccles & Oulton Broad yacht stations work on reduced hours, their electric supply posts are left on (if the main supply trips out, out of hours  however it would not be reinstated until the offices were manned). 

If you loose power on a post, check the circuit breaker for your connection on the post, every socket has its own breaker.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, olliverdrake said:

Thanks for the info Alan. Must get some cards in readiness then.

Cheers

You can phone the Broads Authority and they will send some by the Post. Alternatively you can purchase at the Broads Authority information in Wroxham (this is just past the Roys car part entrance on the lefthand side) there are various other outlets such as the Tingdene Marina reception and more than likely all of the boat yards.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Looks like a winter's trip up Neatishead to sit looking at the new electric posts is in order, in between trips to the White Horse and back of course.

Provided the waters not looking like freezing up of course :default_biggrin:

38 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I thought you were a roughty toughty Firefighter JF :default_smiley-taunt014:

Seriously though Neatishead is one of the worst spots for freezing. You need to dice with fishermen too, best to arrive late afternoon by which time they've usually gone 

Superb pub :default_beerchug:

I'm thinking of the boat not myself Mr Nog, it matters not to me personally :default_biggrin:

I'm not bothered about fishermen either, there are ways of "politely" persuading them to shift :default_wink:

In our case 10 ton boat vs fisher person. Erm figure it out. They as we know the rules don’t abuse them and harmony rules. I wonder why that never ever happens. I fish I also boat simples. I have asked people to move ( they didn’t) I have told miscreants to stop trawling (they didn’t until we took a picture) why is this even necessary??? 

Please enlighten me 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Is there any rule about fishermen at neatishead? I thought it was a parish staithe not ba mooring as it's the parish council that supply the water points there. (I am probably wrong though)

Neatishead moorings are BA 24 hour so presumably the usual rule applies, anglers must move if boats want to moor. 

2 hours ago, VetChugger said:

Curious how you might get there Dave?? Unless you have nefarious plans to demolish Ludham Bridge maybe?? Or are you going to start a fleet of ships??

No problem Trevor, just wait until the gauge at the bridge says 8'2" and fold down to 8'8" and go under with a bit of clearance, been under several times with no probs.