The Authority Oversteps The Mark?

JennyMorgan

35 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

How long do we think we will have to wait for the BA to post up a video of them doing that with their tent.......

A very long time I'm guessing if ever , maybe they should incorporate it in to a team building thingy for upper management only  :default_biggrin: the only problem with that is the yare would be blocked by people on boats filming it :default_biggrin: n yep I'm up for that :default_beerchug: .

By the time they have set up a working group and had the multiude of meetings to decide everything from what to have in the sarnies to how many pairs of safety gloves and hard hats they need it will be winter time and they would have to postpone till spring anyway........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whilst I admit it is only a personal view (again!), I really do not hope that if those "things" do not require planning permission, I sincerely hope they do not now spring up all over Broadland!! I suppose they do look  round ,so they must have origins in yurts but thats as close as they get!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marshman said:

Whilst I admit it is only a personal view (again!), I really do not hope that if those "things" do not require planning permission, I sincerely hope they do not now spring up all over Broadland!! I suppose they do look  round ,so they must have origins in yurts but thats as close as they get!!

I agree entirely, and the same goes for big, white, oversize party tents!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marshman said:

I really do not hope that if those "things" do not require planning permission, I sincerely hope they do not now spring up all over Broadland!!

This surely, is the point?

WRC has planning permission for a camp site, to operate year round and, sure enough, they have erected tents on it!

I timed that video, and from de-mounting to re-placement on site, using their own plant equipment and staff, took seven and a half minutes.

I agree with others here - the challenge has been accepted, so let's see the BA do the same thing with their "temporary" structure!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Did the Authority''s oversize structure have to be brilliant white? Remember the BA who-ha over the colour of the floating jetties at Langley Mill? 

image.jpg

Wow it looks even bigger in that PIC but yes why not green would that have need too difficult ? After all it would blend in better with its surrounding's , but what I really want to see is that moved a significant distance and back again in 7 1/2 minutes , as I said previously one who calls the shots should and indeed needs to lead by example and not by making an example of others , maybe if the workshops had been designed for the propose they were intended for and could accommodate such as SOB then there would be no need for it in the first place after all there's nothing in that tent most of the yr so why have it up ? I do know of another that was used temporarily in a boat yard some yrs back and that had 3 men on it for 4 days erecting the framework and all of us ( 7) to pull the roof n sides over the ridge and it wasn't that big so hardly a temporary structure that you put up on minutes or move in minutes , what does BA class as temporary in any case I really can't see anyone else getting away with a temporary structure for nearly 2 yrs , hence lead by example because those in glass house's shouldn't throw rocks around .

39 minutes ago, Islander said:

Having a closer look at the pic of the BA 'tent' is it not bolted down onto lengths of steel piling? Moveable, easily transportable, temporary???

Colin:default_winko:

Well spotted Colin I missed that it most certainly is :44_frowning2:

These yurts are on a campsite with planning permission for a camp site not in someone's back garden , they are not fixed structures as they are portable as proven last week , can BA honestly say that their tent is as portable as the yurts , there's no way even with one man per leg of that structure it could be picked up and moved its physically impossible , as I said early in the thread I know of a boat yard who put up a smaller version for a short length of time , they are Impossible to move when built , the only thing that will move them is wind hence its extremely obvious that BA's tent is anchored down not just to the steel work that the legs seam bolted to but to the ground too it simply would not be there if it wasn't !

All in all its pretty stupid to attack  others for bending or breaking the rules when your doing exactly the same but to a much larger decree . 

1 hour ago, marshman said:

But on your back lawn, they may look a little different!!!

A local Wood Chips group sometimes camps on my back lawn, thirty plus tents and I find that as being far from offensive, indeed hearing and seeing the youngsters enjoying themselves is great so why would I find just three neat & tidy yurts as offensive? I can understand the Authority being wary but the WRC is a camp site so any yurts/tents surely have to be for camping. That surely prevents marquees or  marquee sized yurts being erected.

• Like 1