Scrumpys Back..... Again...

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Thank you for all the pictures.

If you are stopping another night at the Oulton Broad Yacht Station, I would try and get a mooring on the inner pontoons rather than being on the outside, it reduces the slap you get on the bows.

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan il take a few more before we go home... We like it on the outer I've got a stern and bow spring lines fitted so we is firmly fixed to the pontoon lovely jubbly....:default_party0001:

• Like 1

Just got in and fully stuffed... Met up with the lovely (Boycee) Alan and Mags and wiggy and Ros for a drink in the wine bar... cracking place and landlord...

Then it's was over to wherry Hotel for a Carvery... that was excellent I recommend to have one... just fill your plate up jobs a good one..  Time for a night cap ....

few more pics.... Thanks Chris for turning the wine bar lights on for us he he...

Night All... :default_party0001:

IMG_2970.JPG

IMG_2975.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

IMG_2939.JPG

• Like 4

All these piccys remind me that our callender competition for the NBN 2018 edition will be coming soon and relying on the support of you all.

They make excellent Christmas (yes, I know.. :6973434b8b31cd5effed88c7cbb2f1149d4af7_t:) presents and help while away those winter blues.

• Like 4

Day 6.. Oulton Broad to waters Edge Bramerton...

Sad day today it was the start of the heading back... woke up to lovely sunshine at Oulton Broad.. what more could you ask for....  jumped in the shower and decided to go for a good old English fry up... We was going to go back to wherry for a breakfast but we decided as it was late and they stop serving at 10am... This friendly super guy popped his head out the back of his boat.. and said good morning where's off to... we said over the wherry for breakfast... nah he said go just across the park a stones throw away to the little cafe... all cooked fresh to order... so we did... wow what cracking breakfast and good value £5;50 each... Cherers Boycie your a legend.... Then we went back to the boat with abit of shopping we picked up.... Then we decided to we was going to make a move back up... so before we left we went along to say are good byes to Alan aka Boycie and Mags with a can of cider as good bye present he he he... 

So it was a blast on the horn and a wave good bye and onwards and upwards... as I looked back over my shoulder and Oulton Broad fading in the distance I knew it was going to be another year before we would be back... so I cracked a beer open and enjoyed the run up the Waveney... An hour in I could hear someone radio in into somerleyton swing bridge... he said he was opening in 8mins so I knew I was about that or abit more... so I gave it full throttle and hitting 5.7mph I kept it flat out... as I got closer I called up the bridge he said I've got plenty of time... as I got to the open bridge it was showing 7ft clearance... so  it would be pretty close for any lower boats to of got under... it was quite quiet on the river not to many boats about... I surpose the water being high with tides no boats was coming over from the north at this time of the day... so got to the new cut and the water was calm and a couple of boats heading down in are direction so Reedham bound.....

IMG_3001.PNG

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2980.JPG

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2986.JPG

IMG_2989.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

• Like 10

Day 6... continue

As we get to the end of the new cut I turn left for Reedham heading down towards the bridge... As I look ahead I see the bridge is closed... moving closer down i see the bridge gauge and it's reading 10ft exact.... so I say to wife take the wheel while I pop out quick and fold down the tv aerial.... if not 6 inchs will be missing ha ha... so that's done and I'm back at the helm... as I start to go through you just have that feeling of ummmmm I did read it right that it said 10ft  and not something else... no problem straight through and a fellow boater the other side waited so he could have a clear run through after... he got a big thumbs up and thank you from me....so it was out through Reedham and on we went at steady 4.7 mph all the way to Brooms at Brundall.... as we got there we moored up on the fuel jetty... a pump out and top water the water up for the last time of this holiday.... all done and Bramerton bound... as we passed the ferry inn we gave a toot on the horn.... and Ros gave us a wave shouting out see you tomorrow.... as we head down towards the Bramerton common I have to say this stretch of river has to be one of the prettiest bits on the southern broads... then as we approach Bramerton common we could only see 3 spaces to moor... but we didn't worry as we had booked a mooring at the waters edge... as we approached the pub no one was here we was the only boat... yes I said to myself... but there's an audience to watch me moor... Don't cock this up I go to myself and don't use those stupid £1.99 thrusters.... perfect mooring... yes I did it and the disappointment on some of there faces....thought oh yes hire boat watch this dweeb moor up.... Ha ha ha... bang.... um no it didn't...  so we tied up that's the wife's department the ropes.... and she is bloody good at it.... we darted into the pub got the menus and a pint... and back on the boat to chill and work out the menu what we was going to eat....

• Like 5

Day 6 ..... Last bit...

As the barman was clearing the empty glasses from the leaving spectators he said the electric hook up is down there sir..." How much I replied ??" ... It's free same as the mooring sir... as your booked in and eating its all in... Bargin I replied.... 

Well we went in about 6.30pm... I must admit the food was great...Garlic bread for starter... homemade burger very tasty the wife had mushroom pasta dish... followed by homemade strawberry ripple cheese cake with chocolate chip biscuit base with a white chocolate spoon.... that was lush... 2 diet cokes and 2 black currant and soda drinks... plus the free mooring came to £42.. I call that good value and window seat to look out on... Defo come back here again next year...

Its started pouring with rain now and you can't beat the noise of it tapping on the roof...

well tommorow is our last full day.... not sure what the plan is maybe go into Norwich... I do know our last night is at the ferry at surlingham...

So from Bramerton it's good night from me and it's good night from her.. Good night...

IMG_3002.JPG

IMG_2996.JPG

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_2998.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_2997.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

• Like 7

Day 7.... Bramerton to surlingham via nearly Norwich....

Woke up from a peaceful nights sleeping... what a lovely mooring and pub... At 10pm they was closed and lights out... the only downside is no tv signal... but I put it down to these stupid UFO tv aerials they fit... Couldn't grumble still had internet... was tired so by 10.15pm was snuggled up with the rain coming down... 

So today is are last full day.. so we decided to plod on down towards Norwich at a slow 3mph letting the tide take us in... as we got down closer I started to have my doubts about clearing the bridge...  as I got closer I could see the bridge gauge 8ft hmmmmm so I said to the wife got to turn back... so we plodded on back up looking at the sites and I decided to go Live on Facebook filming are trip back up through Bramerton... so if you've got Facebook go on the NBN page and you will see it.... 

As we approached the ferry inn at surlingham I knew this is a sad moment as it's time to start packing for home... all moored up and packed up it was time for lunch in the ferry... The food in here is first class... So had a baguette while the wife had lasagna... then it was back to boat to lower the NBN Burgee down... got her inside now drying off to pack away for the next adventure....

• Like 2