Yorkshire Pudding

Andrewcook

This is not a recipe but my version of an easy roast with limited oven temp.

First stop, sliced beef or pork etc off deli ( get them to slice it as you like, not wafer thin) .

Raid the freezer for some ready roasted spuds (enough for at least 2) 

Pack of Aldi's (or whoever ) Yorkshire Puddings

Add fresh veg (not frozen)

Stuff frozen goodies into boat fridge freezer compartment.

After a nice restful trip moor up and open the wine (or beer)

Make gravy add to dish with meat, put in oven, place spuds on tin and put in oven. Prep veg as necessary, carrots, peas, broccoli, parsnip etc and leave in steamer on top ready to cook.

Sit down and have another glass.

When oven contents nearly done start veggies. When veggies nearly done toss frozen yorkies onto top shelf for 2 or 3mins to crisp up.

Excess yorkies can be eaten later with what ever you fancy. I always do too many.

Or

Just go to the pub and get someone else to do all the work while you have a few beers:default_beerchug:

Colin

p.s. this is my version as Ruth doesn't cook.

• Like 1

My grandfather was a Scot from Dundee and my grandmother a Yorkshire lass through and through. This combination made for interesting meals whenever I went to stay with them. My favourite was mince and tatties, with lashings of onions, accompanied by Yorkshire pud that grandma made in a big rectangular tray. Crispy round the edges and slightly flabby in the middle. It was a marriage made in heaven. Eee, it wor reet grand.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...