The Ingham Swan

ChrisB

Well they dug up road outside the swan,  did what ever they needed to do,  having taken out one of the new fence posts.  Then filled it in and tarred it all.

Then a couple of days later dug and hole in the new tarmac and put the fence post back. 

The hole outside the other houses is still there. 

Today I saw steam coming from a boiler exit pipe on the swan

Next door they are doing the fancy thatching on the pitch of the roof. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The second hole in the ground has been filled,  most of the plastic wrapping round the adjoining houses has been removed.  I predict  in the next few weeks they'll close the road for a day to crane off the scaffolding . Once that's gone we may loose the traffic lights... 

• 2 weeks later...

The road was closed past the cremated Swan yesterday, as they craned the scaffolding roof sections off of the adjoining building. They have at the moment still left all the vertical scaffolding and the traffic lights in place..

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think this closes the thread, I've seen over the last few days a lady sorting out the roses and flowers around the house/s next door to the cremated Pheonix Ingham Swan. This morning the remaining barriers around the site were gone. The old shop used as an art gallery has piles of personal property in it. So I guess the owners are moving back in..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2