History of the Dog Inn - Ludham

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, haven't been on for ages, so have missed all these posts.

Well done Howard for keeping up with the search. I wonder who that gent is, sitting outside. You can still see where the doorway had been, by the rather uneven plaster!

The windows were changed to wood frames at some stage, possibly when Alan Monk had the lease. They unfortunately had become rather 'old' and very draughty, and we finally managed to change them at the end of last year to new UPVC, which are much more effective. We also were keen to keep them in keeping with the place, so the frames are white inside, but black outside. We have also put leads and coloured diamonds in, very similar the what the Monk family had done many years ago. (I can remember one of their sons applying the leads whilst the windows were in place, and painting the diamond-shaped centres green). I and our son Ross put the leads on the panes in the dining room, and I printed the coloured diamond centres at my sign shop :grin: .

Julz, as far as I am aware, the Dog has never had an underground cellar, we certainly haven't any sign of one. We are (surprisingly) much higher than the caravan site, and have not had (so far) the same issues with flooding, or the threat of.

Regards

Lorraine