You’ve Not Heard A Single Word I Have Said, Oh My God.

Wyndham

Played golf today,( very badly as you ask, can’t believe I used to be good at this game) the luck of the draw had me with 1 , shall we say , older person , and two youngsters. Now when you are forced to spend  at least four hours in peoples  company it pays to find some common ground, you haven’t  got to be their friends for life, just social. The youngsters seemed incapable of grasping this concept.

Makes me want to be like iggel piggel and fall over.

Is it just me getting old???

I guess this is a rant.

• Like 2

I find this frequently at work. Four young folk in particular always sit in the same corner of the staff room ... in silence, all on their phones! I rib them that they must be texting each other instead of having a conversation ... and that I should mark those chairs as reserved for them before I go home each night. ;)

• Like 1

Oh yeah...phones, that's another thing. One of them spent the last hour on the course, and then in the clubhouse looking at his phone constantly, worrying about his bets. I told him he couldn't change the outcome by keep looking but apparently he was checking to see if he could cash out at anytime for a small profit.

I'm sorry for going all Victor Meldrew

• Like 2

I got on a bus from Norwich to Wroxham last week around 4pm. Lots of young people on it returning home from school. I reckon every one of them was plugged in to earphones! Whatever happened to conversation? Having said that, they all said thank you to the driver as they got off, very impressive.

• Like 2

I frequently feel that mine was the last generation to get some inkling of what previous generations' lives, pre-consumer revolution, were like, especially since I spent so much time with my grandparents.  I would hate to be a young person today, though I must admit my kids seems to be managing okay.

• Like 2