Fuel Tank Recomendations

Just an idea - have you considered using Tek-Tanks: http://www.tek-tanks.com/boattanks/standard-boat-tanks/standard-fuel-tanks/

I am not sure as to cost, but lighter and just as resistant to deterioration as Stainless and custom made with internal baffles. Being Polyethylene their thermal properties are different so reducing condensation internally. You can also then have super accurate ultrasonic level instruments fitted.

54 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

Just an idea - have you considered using Tek-Tanks: http://www.tek-tanks.com/boattanks/standard-boat-tanks/standard-fuel-tanks/

I am not sure as to cost, but lighter and just as resistant to deterioration as Stainless and custom made with internal baffles. Being Polyethylene their thermal properties are different so reducing condensation internally. You can also then have super accurate ultrasonic level instruments fitted.

Deffinatly would be my choice :default_biggrin:

SB components (Tanks) are best tanks around... They build them custom made for you any size. In Ali or Stainless steel... Built to last not like crappy plastic rubbish what's on the market... You get what you pay for with SB components... I had twin 500 ltr stainless fuel tanks on my truck I drove  ... then My old boss had one converted by them to have half as hydraulic tank... and fuel... 

Its worth giving them call...

IMG_1477.PNG

Try these people. They are well respected in the industry and well capable of manufacturing to your requirements

John Rawlson (Engineers) Ltd Rawlson House
Lea Road

Waltham Abbey

EN9 1EA

United Kingdom
Steel Fabricators and Erectors

I used to know people who worked there and they did all sorts of one off stuff.

If you are broads based i would have thought Richardsons could knock you up a couple of stainless tanks within days  - if you take your old tanks they could quite easily make identical copies so refitting would be just an in and out job the problem fitting different size tanks would be all the changes you would need to make on re-fit 

finny

I would not say that the plastic tanks built by vetus or tek tanks are rubbish. They are well made and will last a long while.

Stainless 316 tanks are also OK but are prone to leaking and cracking at the seams after a time. It depends on the skill of the welder. Most new boats are now fitted with plastic tanks.