Workshop Projects

grendel

this mornings task was a trip to my mother in laws garage to remove some of my tools and vices,  after loading the car it was noticeably heavy on the drive home, two vices my large pillar drill and my steel plate came home with me - the steel plate is a chunk of 1 1/4" thick steel plate, all of this rusty metal needs cleaning - my job for the afternoon. pics later.

well, after a few hours getting very mucky, my workshop has dust in all the corners and nooks, the floor and bench have been swept clean.

The drill has now been cleaned de-rusted, oiled greased and generally spruced up, its all tip top now. I still have a couple of vices to clean up, including my record no 23, and my blacksmiths leg vice. all I need to do now is create a 24" pedestal to stand it on (on casters of course). bath time now - even before tea

IMG_7733.JPG

IMG_7739.JPG

IMG_7735.JPG

IMG_7740.JPG

IMG_7741.JPG

IMG_7736.JPG

IMG_7737.JPG

IMG_7738.JPG

IMG_7728.JPG

IMG_7732.JPG

IMG_7731.JPG

IMG_7729.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7743.JPG

IMG_7742.JPG

IMG_7734.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the cleaning process on the drill started with a wire brush, then progressed to wire wool with a wax polish, some bits needed a flapweel on the grinder to remove the rust, a couple of the painted parts got rust treated and oversprayed silver, but otherwise everything was stripped down, blown clear with an air hose, lubricated and reassembled. considering its been sitting for 20 years, its cleaned up quite well.

1507477203832.thumb.jpeg.1cfc2decb90cfbcd3a555efe057e3ff9.jpeg
Have you got the fridge installed yet?

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

1507477379040.jpegI've racked my man shed out with this metal racking £20 and it can take the weight compared to the plastic version of racking. I got some from the e bay site and the rest from jtf.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

That beer is left over from a bbq in August it saved me going to the garage for the cold stuff everytime it was wanted. No chance of me and power tools im more electrical/electronic hobby these days. The cable tray is to mount the control panals for the solar/12v for shed & garage. Garden lighting is coming from there as well I just chop the little solar panels off the led string of lights and put a 12/5v board in. 

At the moment I have a oil heater which is on a smart socket and turns on Saturday 0915 - 1645 when I get free electric for the day. I need to see how the evening are now the weather is closing. I was tempted to install a log burner in the garage and hot pipe both or one of them inline heaters like what we use to keep the generators warm so they start first time. Anyone any options or idea's?

I was looking at a wind turbine for extra power there around the £170 mark right now.

• Like 2

Enjoying your progress,love tinkering on the bench and have had plans to create the “ perfect place “ for years .i have a bench saw with dust outlet ,which I connect to a Henry vacuum but would like to make an inline trap to trap some of the sawdust  , any ideas ? Thought of  clear plastic  box. with baffles which could be easily emptied . Have an original Workmate from the sixties not used much but was a godsend in the past when I did not have any space . :default_biggrin:

Today I am suffering Gorilla glue Hands, this is where you dont wear gloves while working with the stuff (I have trouble getting packs of latex gloves big enough) and things go wrong as you are clamping up, and you just grab - yes the bits covered in glue.

whereas most glues set and can be peeled off, gorilla glue just stains your hands a nice brown colour - and it doesnt come off until the skin wears off.

clean up of the drill stand will begin when I get home, then the top  and casters will be fitted.

P_20171010_092201.jpg

P_20171010_092154.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2