Windlass control

on ebay. Wireless remote switches from the windlass manufacturers are a daft price but this one is really cheap and as it’s just 3 connections and can be operated from anywhere aboard I reckon I might just fit one instead of the helm switch.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-WINCH-REMOTE-CONTROL-12V-12-VOLT-RECOVERY-4X4_W0QQitemZ190376653156QQcategoryZ82529QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8403332308700494455

I like your thinking David. I have just replaced the solenoids on mine and have done away with the deck switches as Tammy kept standing on them and has anchored us to the pontoon before now. So this would be the idea way to operate the anchore from the bow or the beach :grin:

Jonathan

Indeed Jonathan, or even the pub. :naughty:

I have since seen a waterproof one with lanyard and big rubber grip that would be even better but still only 40 beer vouchers, against the muli hundred pound price of the "marine" versions they have to be the way to go. They are even cheaper than a pair of foot switches.