Sliding Window Bearings Needed

I need to replace the U groove nylon sliding window roller bearings on my Bounty 34CC. I can find lots of almost similar examples on line but they come in lots of 100!     Is there a local supplier /repairer who might have these or could advise me where to look or have any owners with similar types of sliding windows been able to source them. As far as I can see the bearings  are    8. 32. 10. mm  but suspect they may be imperial measurements. I am not sure if the bolts are integral to the bearing as I could not remove them without destroying the original and can't do that without replacements to hand.

Regards, DaveT

20170921_122340_HDR.jpg

20170921_122556_Burst01.jpg

20170921_122811_HDR.jpg

I know the ones you mean. I think we got them from Seaglaze, or Trend Aluminium in Norfolk, But it may have been Peachments, as they are next door to the old Bounty Boats.

Have a look at the rails as well as they can get worn and may get rather sharp edges.

• Like 1

No luck with the 3 options today, none of the companies stock these bearings, hope someone will be able to come up with a solution, there seems to be lots of boats with sliding access windows/doors and all must use bearings of some sort.The bolts holding the bearings to the frame are quite substantial but I forgot to measure them and live a long way from the boat's winter mooring but you can see the proportion clearly in the 3rd image

Many thanks to those who have responded earlier.

Edited by DaveT
  • Like 1

Have you tried searching for nylon bar. It's easy to drill and cut to length.
If you only need a few it would not take long to make them.
Another alternative is to find someone with a 3D printer they would make them for pence in material cost

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

Just now, Daddy Mouse said:

Have you tried searching for nylon bar. It's easy to drill and cut to length.
If you only need a few it would not take long to make them.
Another alternative is to find someone with a 3D printer they would make them for pence in material cost

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Oh who do we know with a 3D printer :10_wink:

• Like 1

Hi Grendel

Many thanks for your reply

I presume they are guides but they do take the load of the window both in the closed and open positions, it's not particularly heavy but being an angled L (about 110 degree ) shape, is a bit mauling to carry.  They would need to be U shaped profile as you can see on the original post, there are 4 in total, 2 at the top corner and 2 at the bottom.

This is a picture of the window open, you can see the 4 nuts on the outside if you can expand the image, any bolts holding the bearings in place would need to be flush or thereabouts as per the originals,  countersunk probably as there is little clearance behind. I could not remove the originals without completely destroying what was left of the steel bearings, the other 3 are in much worse state

Am very interested in your suggestion  Regards Dave

P1080043.JPG

12 hours ago, grendel said:

with care dissasembling you should be able to re- use the bolt part with one of the above bearings, I would imagine the bolt part could be tapped through the bearings in the wheel and then cleaned up and put into the new bearing roller.

Perhaps I ought to mention that the threaded fixing bolt is offset from the centre of the roller, forming an eccentric, so that the pulley can be turned to the best position for height and then tightened up with the locknut. This is important if the door is to slide freely on its runners.