Buying A Boat

Snowy

My daughter was trying to persuade her father to let her get a puppy. Using the preemptive technique very familiar to salespeople she asked "now what shall we call it? Her father without even looking up from his dinner replied that he knew just the name . "what's that"? asked my daughter , "Homeless "he replied

Carole

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

First think of a name for the boat, then after permission has been given, go out and buy it. For suitable names I suggest the following...  (replacing the **** for your wife's name)

Beautiful ****,  Goddess ****, Wide beam ****,  .... Ahhh, perhaps not that one. :) 

Given that my wife's name is Heike none of those have a good "ring" to the name...

Anyhow, I didn't buy a boat - I bought this (has no "name", only fits one person & I'm really a bit too tall for it):

2017-Blaubeuren-DG808.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Is Heike Dutch? It would explain your buying a gilder

She is German & since I live in Germany the glider has a "D" registration.

SInce pure gliders in Germany have numeric registrations e.g. D-1234 the fact that this one starts off with a "K" after the "D-" indicates that its a motoglider i.e. has an auxilliary engine that folds back into the fuselage behind the solar panels you can just see.

This one is capable of self-launching which adds to the flexibility (& price).