Shares For Sale

Our shares in Moonlight Shadow,  based in Brundall near Norwich are now on the market.

We own two 4 week shares (a total of 16% ownership).  Each share is entitled to one week per season - Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

Asking price is:

£3750 per share or £7000 if sold as the pair.

Once purchased each owner pays a proportion of the annual running costs, as per the attached PDF.  Most people pay monthly, we are invoices 6 monthly with the next instalment due on or about 31 January 2018.

Moonlight Shadow is a 6 berth in 3 cabins cruiser (one of which is a bunk room).  She has two shower rooms (shower, toilet and washbasin), one of which is ensuite.  The roof retracts which allows access through most of the bridges, although we haven't tried Potter Heigham!  We have managed Beccles low bridge with the roof down at low tide.

For more info, please contact me via PM.

Thank you.

SueH

Moonlight Shadow Budget.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We've just had our syndicate A.G.M,  and know next years dates.

Unless I got very confused they are as follows:

7-14 April 2018, 28 July-4 August, 18-25 August, 15-29 September, 1-9 December, 22-29 December.

If anything changes or I have got things badly wrong I will update here.

If interested, please P.M.

Sue

• Thanks 1

Oh, Many apologies.  I have just realised that we had a week in February that we had put up for grabs as we couldn't use it.  So far, no-one else has grabbed it so I have asked B.C.B.M. for it back, in case a new owner comes forward and is interested.

The way we used to work it, sometimes we got 9 weeks a year, sometimes 7!

Sue.  

6 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Your list of next years dates only adds up to 7 weeks unless I missed something

Imust be missing it twice 'cos I only counted six, though with the week in February and the "overlap" which sometimes occurs that explains it

• 3 months later...

If anyone is thinking of the syndicate route for boat ownership I can certainly recommend (and have done) Moonlight Shadow.

She is a beautiful, well maintained boat, on possibly the best mooring spot on the whole of the broads, along with a very friendly and helpful group of owners.

14 hours ago, Jayfire said:

If anyone is thinking of the syndicate route for boat ownership I can certainly recommend (and have done) Moonlight Shadow.

She is a beautiful, well maintained boat, on possibly the best mooring spot on the whole of the broads, along with a very friendly and helpful group of owners.

Hello Jayfire, 

I am so glad that you have found the benefits of the syndicate route all of the syndicate boats on the Broads have saved their owners a fortune over the years, we are into our 18th year on the Broads. 

As you know the boats vary in style and the number of berths available, some syndicate oppoperate on fixed weeks or allocations drawn out of the hat, some have two weeks allocations some have four weeks.

Syndicates are not for everyone, it is all down to if you like boating but have limited holidays available, still working or do not have the resources to have your own boat. 

In our case Tan and I have had 34 allocation weeks at varying times of the year and other time with extra days or weeks from time to time.

If anyone wants any advice by all means contact myself or members of the other syndicates on the Broads, we have several forum members who own syndicate shares or are members of the syndicates management teams.

Back down to the boat on the 2nd March

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Price drop.  Selling separately £3250 each.

One share under offer.  Although it has been dragging on for weeks now, hopefully not going to fall through.

Sue

11 hours ago, SueH said:

One share under offer.  Although it has been dragging on for weeks now, hopefully not going to fall through.

Sue

Hi Sue, 

I sincerely hope that your shares sell soon, it seems to have dragged on for a an age.

Regards

Alan 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2018 at 08:55, SueH said:

Sue

Now £3k each.  2nd share still not sold, time waster unfortunately.

Have just had a look at the specification. £3,000 is very cheap for this boat. I am looking at timeshare myself but Moonlight Shadow at 38 ft is just too big for me. I am watching for shares in Goosander to come up, which at 31ft  would be more manageable for solo cruising. 

14 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Have just had a look at the specification. £3,000 is very cheap for this boat. I am looking at timeshare myself but Moonlight Shadow at 38 ft is just too big for me. I am watching for shares in Goosander to come up, which at 31ft  would be more manageable for solo cruising. 

Hi.  According to the BCBM website there are shares for sale in Goosander.  £5k/each.  Jay (Jayfire) often uses MS solo.  It may be worth talking to him.

49 minutes ago, SueH said:

Jay (Jayfire) often uses MS solo.  It may be worth talking to him.

If i can help in any way David you are more than welcome to message me.

I certainly do solo helm MS 

1 hour ago, DAVIDH said:

Have just had a look at the specification. £3,000 is very cheap for this boat. I am looking at timeshare myself but Moonlight Shadow at 38 ft is just too big for me.

It's an absolute bargain David, Shadow is a beautiful boat and I am sure you wouldn't find her too big for you. 

As I said though if I can help in any way feel free to contact me.

Sadly, the website showing Goosander is not up to date. I messaged them about it and they came back saying it had been sold, but that they would keep me informed if the situation changed. Sue and Jay thanks for the encouragement, it's just that we have always hired forward drive cruisers over the years and whereas I can see myself right at home in Goosander, a 38 foot centre cockpit just would not feel right. Daft I know but it has to fit. 

Hi David. I had a good look over Goosander the last time I was down on Silver Cloud. We were getting the pump out and fueling up before returning around the corner to Horning Marina. She certainly is a credit to her owners and the fit out was superb. I was so impressed that I enquired with Boulters if any shares were available, when the owner came into the office. He said his share was not on sale publicly but he was prepared to sell it for £4500 and gave me his telephone number if I was interested. Well I was but on getting home I had mislaid his contact details and a half share had become available on Silver Cloud which adding to our full share seemed more practical. I was thinking if you contact Boulters they should be able to tell you who the chap was. The date was the 21st April and as it was around 0830 so I would suspect he was taking the boat back in.

Two points about Goosander. It is managed privately, BCBM only being used as a selling agent and the one thing I did not like about her was that the w.c. area was carpeted.

Fred

• Like 1