Shares For Sale

3 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

It's all very tempting but I just wish syndicates didn't have to do the draw system. I'd go for it like a shot if fixed weeks were available. 

Most people will always try and switch around to accommodate you if possible Mr Nog. I haven't regretted it for one second and due to shifts and fixed holidays that can be cancelled at any time I am very limited in which weeks I can go.

Plus we can meet up at the AGM each year for many beers.

Oh and sorting boaty things out too :default_biggrin:

:default_stinky:

29 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Most people will always try and switch around to accommodate you if possible Mr Nog.

I appreciate that JF but they are not obloiged to swap and I bet if someone got December in the draw and refused to swap I'd be up the creek. We could ideally do with a syndicate with someone who had kids and was tied to school holidays which is the times I wouldn't want to go!!  :default_stinky:

36 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I appreciate that JF but they are not obloiged to swap and I bet if someone got December in the draw and refused to swap I'd be up the creek. We could ideally do with a syndicate with someone who had kids and was tied to school holidays which is the times I wouldn't want to go!!  :default_stinky:

Messaged you Mr Nog

Some of the Mr Nog weeks available on Southern Crusader.....

http://www.southerncrusader.com/index.php/shares-available

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

It's all very tempting but I just wish syndicates didn't have to do the draw system. I'd go for it like a shot if fixed weeks were available. 

I'm exactly the same, Howard. I get the week swapping thing but it's just not the same and the thought of being stuck with weeks I don't want fills me with dread. I think Southern Crusader has it right and I believe Ranworth Breeze has a rotation system which could be OK but both boats are too high for where I'd want to cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Broads01 said:

I'm exactly the same, Howard. I get the week swapping thing but it's just not the same and the thought of being stuck with weeks I don't want fills me with dread. I think Southern Crusader has it right and I believe Ranworth Breeze has a rotation system which could be OK but both boats are too high for where I'd want to cruise. 

Anything that doesn't make it under Beccles old bridge is I suspect going to be a problem for NN. A trip to Beccles without venturing to The Locks Inn. :default_sad:

Matt, many thanks for that, the fixed weeks idea  is more tempting certainly, we tend to go more mid December although the June week would be perfect. The air draft could be an issue unfortunately, particularly in winter, my 'ideal' boat would be a smaller Alpha hull, when the lottery comes up I'd probably go for a Swan Reflection style. 

Another factor is that we don't drive so need some certainty to book train tickets in advance. 

I have however had a PM from a kindly member which is much appreciated :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

.......one thing that puzzles me is that if weeks are 'unclaimed' say in November or January for example, can another shareholder take them over and if so is it a freebie or do they have to compensate the 'winning' shareholder for taking their week??

On Thunder we have a separate priority list for spare weeks. Once an owner notifies that they are unable to use a week any owner can put their name in for it and the highest ranked owners gets the week. They then drop to the bottom of the priority list.

I have just looked at Thunders allocation chart from the past “off season” and from W/C 25th Nov through to W/C 3rd Feb she only went out for 3 of those weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

.......one thing that puzzles me is that if weeks are 'unclaimed' say in November or January for example, can another shareholder take them over and if so is it a freebie or do they have to compensate the 'winning' shareholder for taking their week??

Hello.  Unclaimed weeks are up for grabs to partners and no further payment is required.   You can take as many weeks as you can for no additional outlay, apart from fuel and pump out costs.

And of course Moonlight Shadow (being based at Brooms) is less than 10 minutes walk from Brundall railway station.  Which as you know has very a very regular train service.

SueH

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

And sorry it’s a freebie- just diesel and pumpout to pay (on Thunder at least)

Hi Matt our replies overlapped.  The same applies with MS.

• Like 1

Other weeks that were unused by the original owners and went out to the priority list for the year from 3rd June were:
12 Aug 17!
19th Aug 17!!
28th Oct 17
24th March 18
14th April 18
28th April 18

So plenty of spare weeks going about the problem is that often they are given at short notice.

• Like 1

After the top info i supplied to you Mr Nog, looking around you know which one makes most sense :default_biggrin:

£3k is incredibly cheap for an 8% share- suggests the boat is only worth £37,500....

There does seem to be a slowdown on share sales at the moment, particularly on the managed syndicates.

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

On Ranworth Breeze we allow owners to take advantage of any unclaimed weeks  or weeks up the the winter service period or before the start of the season.  Owners just ask if they can use the long weekends or weeks on a first come basis, they do pay a rental for these weeks which goes into the syndicate pot so everyone benefits.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

£3k is incredibly cheap for an 8% share

It's an absolute bargain. If I was in a position to I would have snapped it up myself, shifts and commitments don't allow me to unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

£3k is incredibly cheap for an 8% share- suggests the boat is only worth £37,500....

There does seem to be a slowdown on share sales at the moment, particularly on the managed syndicates.

Hi Matt,

It depends on the boat syndicate, I often feel that the syndicates with 4 or more weeks suffer with selling their shares because of the management fees and not everyone wishes to use 4 weeks of their total holiday allocation for the year, unless they are retired or cutting down on their working hours.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

On 10/06/2018 at 18:29, DAVIDH said:

Have just had a look at the specification. £3,000 is very cheap for this boat. I am looking at timeshare myself but Moonlight Shadow at 38 ft is just too big for me. I am watching for shares in Goosander to come up, which at 31ft  would be more manageable for solo cruising. 

David, just wondered if you had seen the ebay listing for a share in Goosander?

It turns out they are having a viewing day on Saturday and I have arranged to be there at around 12.30pm. I pick up Silver Symphony the day before and planned to spend the night at Reedham before moving on to Yarmouth on Saturday morning, then staying for the day. It sounds like it will work OK. I will need to leave Reedham early so I can catch the 10.41 from Yarmouth to Wroxham (via Norwich). The tides seem OK for my arrival as Symphony is a "bathtub" type and normally gets under the bridges even at normal high tide. Should be an adventure! The owner has said they can collect me from Wroxham station so that will save trying to get a taxi at that busy time.

I know of at least one other interested party so will have to see what develops.

• Like 3