Shares For Sale

2 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

It turns out they are having a viewing day on Saturday and I have arranged to be there at around 12.30pm. I pick up Silver Symphony the day before and planned to spend the night at Reedham before moving on to Yarmouth on Saturday morning, then staying for the day. It sounds like it will work OK. I will need to leave Reedham early so I can catch the 10.41 from Yarmouth to Wroxham (via Norwich). The tides seem OK for my arrival as Symphony is a "bathtub" type and normally gets under the bridges even at normal high tide. Should be an adventure! The owner has said they can collect me from Wroxham station so that will save trying to get a taxi at that busy time.

I know of at least one other interested party so will have to see what develops.

Hi David.  Silver Symphony and Goosander in one day! Both superb. I think Symphony has to be my favourite hire boat of all time even compared with their new Coral. We will be taking over Silver Cloud on Saturday but it will probably be a little later than 12.30 when we arrive as we are coming from Runcorn via Ashton under Lyne. Feel free to pop over though and see if we are around. Moored literally across the road from Boulters. If not I'll look out for Symphony and give you a wave.

Fred

Thanks Fred. i was confused for a minute as I could not remember a Silver Cloud at Silverline - and for that matter how would you get from Brundall to Horning in a matter of minutes! Then it slowly sank in. I will probably have to see you afloat as my time in Horning is going to be so tight. I need to view Goosander from 12.30 then get back to Wroxham station for the 14.25hrs train back to Yarmouth (via Norwich). Still I will look out for Silver Cloud. We hired Silver Symphony 2 years ago for a fortnight and loved it. I said back then that Symphony was the poor man's Coral. Never mind - I can put up with not having smoked glass windows!

DSC01770.JPG

• Like 2

I just looked at the PDF break down of annual running costs too TOTAL EXPENDITURE - £19,758.00

Just under £20k per year running costs - Holy Moly and WOW.  There are some out there state that Woodies are expensive to run / maintain.  Well on those figures 'B.A' is a snip.  Never have we spent anywhere near £20k on running / maintenance costs per year, chuffin eck :default_icon_e_surprised:  Of course split between many owners this figure becomes very sensible and affordable I suppose.  But hells Bells - £20k a year?  I bet Indy is cheaper to maintain than that!

But then I got sensible and discounted stuff that we do ourselves etc, winterising for example, on 'B.A' the cost is zero, just a flick of a switch.  Our insurance is cheaper, Turnaround / servicing - zero, etc etc and I got the figure down to £4k, for annual running costs for 'B.A' - seems a lot cheaper than just under £20k.  Anyone want a share in 'B.A'?  You will end up owning one fifth of her and a lot less annual running costs too!

Griff

6 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Anyone want a share in 'B.A'?  You will end up owning one fifth of her and a lot less annual running costs too!

Assume there would be a 'capital' cost though Griff?? ie one off payment for a share of the boat?