Let Off Steam In Here !!!!

Wonderwall

Just now, Baitrunner said:

The wearing of hats, especially baseball caps on back to front, indoors, on aeroplanes and even more annoying in a restaurant!!

even worse, if said culprit is of an age who should know better. 

I have never been much of a hat wearer, I think it was result of having to wear a balaclava like so many of young children in the early 50's. I do however have a JP type hat, I bought it when I suffered sunburn on our first allocation of season, members of our narrow boat crew have worn it more than me, I would wear it more often is it landed me a cushy job in a quango:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Making a cup of tea for my good lady , was, not that long ago , a simple task . 

Oh, no , not now. She , you see, has taken to all these fancy teas. I kid you not , we have a variety of around 10 . So now I have to wait until her ladyship decides which tea one would like to choose. Then find the bloody thing, then put them all away .

I make less cups of tea these days!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

Making a cup of tea for my good lady , was, not that long ago , a simple task . 

Oh, no , not now. She , you see, has taken to all these fancy teas. I kid you not , we have a variety of around 10 . So now I have to wait until her ladyship decides which tea one would like to choose. Then find the bloody thing, then put them all away .

I make less cups of tea these days!!!!!!

I know what you mean wonderwall my mother is exactly the same!  I had to stop drinking tea about 5 years ago so I have those new fangled cappuccino sachets, powder and hot water simples! 

• Like 1

And one more thing when it comes to driving on the roads, cyclists clad in spandex wearing dark sunglasses when it is a dull and cloudy day and think they are on the Tour De France. It becomes apparent when in this mode that the red traffic light is the same as green, and if they pull out of a junction without looking, they will cause more damage to my van than I will do to them.

I have had the unfortunate experience of said cyclists and the words that came out of my mouth can not be repeated on these forums, as his thoughts were that it was my fault.  Though said cyclist soon cycled off as if he had fallen off his bike and was back on the Tour De France.

I feel better now, thanks.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Daddy Mouse said:

People who have to record their whole day on Facebook.

People putting all of their shopping on the checkout belt in supermarkets and then wandering off to get something they have forgotten.

People with no manners.

OHHHH I could come over as Mr Grumpy on this thread. 

A few years back I saw a brilliant new year's resolution: "My resolution for the new year is to make my life half as interesting as I make it appear on facebook!

Internet trolls and people that moan about things :default_norty:

Car park attendants in boot fair fields, waving frantically with their arms to show you which way to go when there is only one way to go. At the self service check outs, you scan an item and then a voice says "This item has not been recognised" then "help is coming" it doesn't come and you have to call someone over who then gives you a look that makes you feel like you've tried to steal a carrot

Grace

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Cyclists in Manchester that think they have a God given right to ignore every road sign or traffic light including pedestrian ones when people are crossing.

Spell check that changes Wroxham to Wrexham every time I type it.....and it just did!

Todays numptys. Manchester Metrolink.

• Like 3

:5_smiley:I've never owned a train set in my life....:5_smiley:

Cyclists who think because the Council have designated your road as a "quiet lane" think you have no right to drive on it at any speed.

Cyclist who go around mob handed at one of their events blocking the roads with huge mobs, and are surpised when you come round the corner on the correct side of the road, but are driving straight at them.

I like annoying cyclists by driving my landrover at the correct legal maximum speed.... Therefore slowing them down...

City drivers coming up here on holiday who think that driving with the white line down the middle of the car is the correct way to drive down a narrow main road.

City drivers who think because there isn't a white line down the middle of the road they should use all of it.

Tourists who throw their macdonalds packaging out on to the road,  before they get to their caravan site.(Happens every summer near the Cremated Swan at Ingham, which must be the consumption of food distance from Roys Macdonalds...)

Even though you have driven far past  the last  passing place on a single track road,  Old ladies who then drive 10ft past the next passing place towards you and refuse to reverse, even though you have 25ft of trailer behind you...

:5_smiley:I buy carefully selected Model locomotives, carriages and wagons before converting them to EM guage. Therefore requiring me to hand build 18.2mm Gauge track and pointwork...:5_smiley:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dilligaf said:

From toys'r'us? :default_norty::default_gbxhmm:

They went bust, too much Far eastern  carp, not enough finely modelled stock.

I use Emgs... http://www.emgs.org/

Or locally

Great Eastern Models in Norwich http://www.greateasternmodels.co.uk/ 

Or

Bouys toys in Cromer

Or

The Bure Valley Railway shop in Aylsham http://www.bvrw.co.uk/shop/model-railway/

They are the places to go for people of discernment...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, riyadhcrew said:

Are you a Post Man?:default_biggrin:

No but this stupid version of Windows 10 is, it's stopping often, it didn't show any updates to the site (or anything else) for about ten minutes. I think there are mass updates to the hundreds of computers in this Building going on...

People who use the red strip behind disabled parking as a trolley super highway. Backing out between two mini busses becomes quite fraut. They can become quite aggressive when they nearly drive their trolley into the side of ones car and their mobile phone conversation  is interrupted.

Oh and dnks my left arm doesn't work very well and I need my stick to balance so do I wave a foot or throw the stick down and wave a hand or just fall over and see if anyone notices.

• Haha 1

People who block access to the newspaper stand in the supermarket because they are busy reading them rather then buying one. When  I took a paper off the stand  to buy it last week a woman actually had the cheek to complain to me that she was in the middle of reading it!

Carole

• Like 2