Let Off Steam In Here !!!!

Wonderwall

1 hour ago, addicted said:

Tony gets really irritated with the weather girl on Look East I forget her name, but it's not Julie Reinger it's the one with the curly hair . She continually punctuates her delivery with "errs"and "ums" It irritates the hell out of him and he counts them up during the broadcast and announces how many there were at the end with a tone of total disgust!

Carole

Is that the Northern Irish girl?

Bring back Amanda Houston I say! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Youngsters who start every sentence with So…   No,  you are not an academic,  you are shallow and boring.

I’m hugely aware I do this quite a bit...

Will make every attempt when I turn my ‘notes’ into a holiday diary to not do it!

• Haha 3

Where do I start? People who think supermarket car parks are race tracks and drive round them at 30+ mph. Automated supermarket checkouts that announce "Alcoholic in the bagging area" when you try to check out a bottle of alcohol-free lager, people who ask if it's OK before they do something that will greatly inconvenience you, then do it anyway when you say no. Soppy, politically-correct, virtue-signalling millennials, people who inflect every sentence they utter to make it sound like a question (see previous category), automated switchboards, unnecessary OTT online security - do I really need to provide 3-factor authentication in (username, password and a 6 digit code delivered via mobile phone) in order to check how much credit I have on my PAYG dongle?  IT companies that force you to divulge huge amounts of personal information from you as a condition of doing business, then fail to protect it properly so that it ends up in the hands of spammers and scammers. Social Media. Business  people who go into "officious pr*ck" mode when you have the temerity to challenge the way they do business. I could go on, but it is probably better if I don't 

Grrrrrr

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

White goods companies who generously offer you a 10 parts guarantee, but then want to charge you £150 for an engineer to fit it!!!!

more annoying when they changed the failed part after 2 months and 11 months later it goes again. Oh, it's gone past the 12 month period now!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baitrunner said:

White goods companies who generously offer you a 10 parts guarantee, but then want to charge you £150 for an engineer to fit it!!!!

more annoying when they changed the failed part after 2 months and 11 months later it goes again. Oh, it's gone past the 12 month period now!!!!

A number years ago I came to the conclusion that there is no point in taking out white goods insurance, if you get it to last out the manufactures guarantee all the good, if it fails there after the additional amount you have paid in additional insurance is halfway to the cost of a new appliance.   

Mind you being handy and a wife who can break anything of a technical nature does have its drawbacks; one of them in repairing the small white god in the utility room oh hail  thee washing machine please keep working:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

Nothing to do with letting off steam,   can anyone confirm whether or not you can dispose of rubbish at Womack please.  Thinking of going there tomorrow.

Thank you.

Usually bins by the pubic toilets back right of the Staithe next to the road

38 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

A number years ago I came to the conclusion that there is no point in taking out white goods insurance, if you get it to last out the manufactures guarantee all the good, if it fails there after the additional amount you have paid in additional insurance is halfway to the cost of a new appliance.   

Mind you being handy and a wife who can break anything of a technical nature does have its drawbacks; one of them in repairing the small white god in the utility room oh hail  thee washing machine please keep working:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

I never take out an insurance on an appliance, it seems to me just a price hike in disguise. If the appliance breaks down in what seems to me to be an unreasonably short time I make a huge fuss and get it  repaired gratis, as I did with my 2 years old washing machine a few months back that needed a new drum. New Drum!!!  I yelled  Don't be ridiculous! They saw my point and fitted the new one free of charge. I usually get very long service from all my appliances fortunately.

Carole

1 hour ago, Victoryv said:

ABC

Artisan, Brexit, Chillax

3 of the most annoying words on the planet.

And whilst I'm at it, why is everybody now a master craftsman or artisan baker ?

because artisan Craftsman is tautology and master Baker sounds a bit like.......................