Handheld Spot light

We are joining the salty bottoms Easter meet at Oulton Broad on Good Friday.

Unfortunately, we will not be arriving at the boat at Wayford until approx 8pm on the Thursday evening. As we will need to catch the tides at Yarmouth at around 7.30-8.00am Friday morning we will have to take a night cruise down towards Yarmouth.

I am looking to buy a good quality handheld spot light, preferably 12v with a cigar socket type plug. Can anyone suggest a lamp that will be fit for the purpose.

cheersbar

I had the same problem Colin, and all I could find was rechargeable tourches that worked off the 12v. The one that David has found is excellent and probably the strongest one I have seen.

I ended up fitting a remote operated fixed spotlight on the Sealine - I can find the details for you if you want to go down that route..

Hi Mark

try norfolk marine

i remember my unkel had one of the handhelds second handheld half way down the list but you had to plug in a battery pack like in cordless drills it only lasted an hour but was bright as hell.

i am shure if you pop in they will let you test them out in a basement closet or something as your paying of course :naughty::naughty:

http://www.norfolkmarine.co.uk/shop-online/lighting-external-lights-c-1036_1037_1039.html

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Col,

I agree the one David has highlighted looks impressive and powerful at 3.5 million candlepower but I will be interested to hear how you get on with it. I have a cheapy type handheld lamp at 1 million candlepower just for home use but be gads it does get really hot if you have it on for any length of time. I wonder why you need to have the 12v connected type as opposed to the rechargable ones as I noticed that they do one that you can charge from a 12v socket or mains and up to 2 hours use, bit more expensive but more flexible anyway let us know how you get on with it :dance

Thanks guy's

I agree Luke, the one David has come up with certainly looks powerful. I will order one tonight. :grin:

cheersbar

I think I'm going to order one as well actually. The new spot light on the front of my boat is good, but its nice to be able to look round quicker than the remote does it.

Col,

I agree the one David has highlighted looks impressive and powerful at 3.5 million candlepower but I will be interested to hear how you get on with it. I have a cheapy type handheld lamp at 1 million candlepower just for home use but be gads it does get really hot if you have it on for any length of time. I wonder why you need to have the 12v connected type as opposed to the rechargable ones as I noticed that they do one that you can charge from a 12v socket or mains and up to 2 hours use, bit more expensive but more flexible anyway let us know how you get on with it :dance

I have had experience of these and somewhere I still have one of the 1million candle power ones. Totally useless - they never last more than abouut 20 minutes. Most of the ones on eBay or B&Q and the like are rechargeable, but you cant use them while actually connected to the 12v - which means if you are travelling at night and the power goes, that's it - nothing for a while while you recharge it - hense why I fitted my remote light. I would recommend having a fixed remote, so you know its there and it never obviously needs recharging.

I'll see if I can find the ad for it - its Jabesco or something like that... arond £120 and its very good, and easy to install (I did it on my own !!! yes I know, some of you are falling off your seat as you read this !!!! lol )