Gramps And The Lads Back On The Broads

Gramps

54 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

Enjoyed your write up and photos as always, that last morning feeling is just the worst isn’t it.

Thanks for taking the time to do the write up :default_beerchug:

For future reference there is a safe track that runs behind the hedge adjacent to the road up to Acle ( on the Bridge pub side) it takes you right up to where you cross the road and turn right towards the village

I didn't know that, thanks David.

I enjoyed your write up Gramps, thanks for writing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Did you fathom out the water pump / pressure leak?

Griff

No Griff we did not bother,just got used to the shouts of Turn water on!!! turn water off!!!! we also had another problem on the last day, toilets had electric pumps for flush water one wasn.t  allowing water in, although we could hear the pump. Got a friendly rollicking from yard team when we got back they said we should have called them out,We were ok with it, and would not criticise Richos in any way. It was just an end of the season thing on a budget boat

No didn't know about the footpath David, Thanks for the info guys. Good job the lads are not reading this they wanted to visit Acle. We based our assumption on not seeing a footpath on the numerous times we have driven down there

3 hours ago, deebee29 said:

Enjoyed your write up and photos as always, that last morning feeling is just the worst isn’t it.

Thanks for taking the time to do the write up :default_beerchug:

For future reference there is a safe track that runs behind the hedge adjacent to the road up to Acle ( on the Bridge pub side) it takes you right up to where you cross the road and turn right towards the village

• Like 1

On 11/8/2017 at 23:28, BroadAmbition said:

"Hook a Duck"  Easy for you to say :default_blush:

caught and dislodged a keep net on a moored boat in front, causing the net to sink without trace. Despite the anglers best attempts the net could not be retrieved so he was out of pocket and worst of all an estimated 20-25lb of skimmers and roach were condemned to lingering death.

Why oh why are some anglers still using keep nets?  In my earlier years (and to my now eternal shame) we always used a keep net as a matter of course (Pun intended), looking back we used them for no real or good reason, imho they are barbaric and cruel to the fish.  Only time there is an 'Excuse' if one is match fishing.  Each to their own I suppose, but no longer for the likes of me, in fact I no longer own one - consigned it to the skip years ago once I had been better educated.  During our annual Lads Week afloat, there is not a keep net in sight anywhere, and woe betide anyone who even suggests using one if they are part of 'My' crew

Anyroadup Gramps - thoroughly enjoying your holiday tale

Griff

Plus they absolutely stink once they have been in the river water.      All we take is a landing net.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

If you want a little bit of a longer walk you can walk the river bank to Acle dyke, the along the path next to the dyke into Acle.

Yeah, we did that in September, a nice walk but behind the reeds so the river views aren’t brilliant..... still it brings you into the Bridge garden..... well it would be rude not to call in wouldn’t it? :default_beerchug:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stumpy said:

Ref: the footpath to Acle, it's also very good for foraging - blackberries, sloes, cobnuts and plate-sized mushrooms in season! Eta. Ta very much for a cracking tale Gramps. 

Well now I am really upset, plate size mushrooms,  love wild mushrooms, morrels or blueys, if down that way again I will be sure to check it out