Been A While, So Guess Where

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Both wrong, although CambridgeCabby is thinking along the right lines loosely. A clue and then a better picture is no one guesses it.

The location is a fair walk from the river, but well worth the effort to discover.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

No and No again but there are clues in Retired and CambridgeCabby's answer's. I'll leave it till this evening and then post a larger picky. 

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

No and no again, so here's a larger picture that will no doubt give it away, but only if you've managed to find this place before.

20171024_1311011.JPG

On 24/10/2017 at 23:31, NorfolkNog said:

.........it looks a bit like the sort of fancy thing you would see at Ludham/Womack........probably miles out :default_icon_e_confused:

Yes ... those arty-farty Ludhamites and Womackians with their highfalutin ways! :default_laugh:  (Sorry Howard, that made me chuckle!)

I have no idea where it is though ... is it anywhere near Zaks in Norwich?

Carol

• Haha 1

Carol :default_biggrin: :default_beerchug:

I did start to think about Norwich too as there can't be too many places on the Broads with a steep hill or embankment which seems to be in the background. Rosary Road would certainly fit terrain and scenery wise although it is quite near the river, we were told a fair walk? It looks a bit twee to be in a very public area, if it had been on my manor some one would have nicked it by now! 

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Donnygeoff has it in one. It is Norwich's secret hidden gem garden, The Plantation Garden. It is situated behind Norwich's second lesser well known cathedral. Who knew that Norwich had two cathedral's? Talk about being greedy. Probably about a mile walk from riverside, although I'm guessing, as I did it as part of a 10 mile walk from Whitlingham Country Park moorings.

Plantation gardens really are a hidden gem and well worth a visit. Open everyday with a £2 entrance fee. If there are no staff around then there is an honesty box to drop your £2 or more into. The entrance is off Earlham Road and you can easily get to it from Chapelfields, via Chapelfields Garden, or via the footbridge over Grapes Hill.

For Howard's benefit I did do some research in the Sir Garnett, The Lamb Inn and The Compleat Angler and can report that they are all still thriving and serving fine ales, although I did relent and go for The Camden Hells ;ager in The Sir Garnett.

The attached picture shows the view of the garden with your back to the cabin.

20171024_1310231.JPG

Thank you,

It looked to me like a seating/shelter in a park so I looked at others suggestions......

And as I accept this award, I would like to thank the following.....

Retired (John) for saying secret garden...

Vaughan for saying Gardens , Norwich

Norfolknog, for again saying the terrain looks like Norwich, and also the "not a very public area"

And finally, Mr google... Especially his image search

"Norwich park garden"

Came up with some nice pictures, and one had (in the far background) a building that looked familiar to this one....

Further investigation gave the answer....

Some may say I cheated, others may say I used my free time well......

:default_trophy:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

I only hope that others may feel inspired to break away from the wine and chocolate shopping (Gracie) :default_norty: the endless pubs (Howard) :default_beerchug: The various shopping malls (everyone else) and take a stroll out that way. It really is worth the time. Norwich really does have something for everyone.

Another view in case your not sold yet.

20171024_1311491.JPG

That was a good one :default_beerchug:

Like Carol, I must make a point of popping in (also get a bit distracted with the pubs and following Mrs N around the shoe shops) :default_icon_e_biggrin:

I've actually been past the garden , there's a couple of decant pubs down there, the Black Horse and the Earlham Arms, both recommended. Good to hear that Compleat Angler, Sir Garnett and Lamb are doing well. I see in the EDP that the Lamb has had a big re-furb, must have a look. Its just tucked away just off the Haymarket but well worth seeking out. Slightly off topic, but the Fat Cats (x3) Kings Head, Plasterers, Plough, Wig and Pen, Ribs of Beef are all well worth a look among many other excellent pubs in Norwich. All easily walkable or short bus ride.

And Geoff, we should call you Sherlock. You used your time well and followed the clues! :default_icon_bowdown:

• Like 2

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

When moored at Riverside, I never seem to make it past the Wig and Pen, or the Adam and Eve without having to stop. The Wig and Pen does good food as well. Vaughan mentioned Rosary Gardens of Chalk Hill Road, which did remind me, it's been a while since I was at CHB, another fine establishment,, with good food as well.