2018 Calendar - In Case You Are Wondering..

JanetAnne

Dont panic!

The thread with this years calendar pictures is currently caught up  along with many other threads going through forum maintenance. As soon as the pictures are back on line I shall be pestering the winning entries for their best highest definition version to forward to the printers. 

So, be prepared :default_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok - with a special thanks to Grendel for stepping in and sorting the piccy thread individually for me... and an apology for this rather hurried response but I am trying to beat the forum maintenance crew!!

I am pleased to announce that we have our final 12 for next years calendar.

Our winner is BrianW  with his sunset collecting 29 votes.

mr NorfolkNog sneaked second (28 votes), fourth (25) and sixth (23) places with his entries

In third place was Vaughan's shot of Salhouse with 27 votes

Fifth Jenny Morgan with his first saily shot (sail no 52) 24 votes

Liz WAlbum picture of starlings was seventh with 21 votes

Mouldy was eighth with his Turf Fen Mill and 17 votes

Wyndham's swan piccy was nineth with 15 votes

ScrumpyCheddar shared tenth with his sunset and 13 votes along with Chameleon's 'Peaceful evening' and Liz's Water Rail also on 13

And thats our 12 finalists.

I am also going to ask the following to supply their entries (who all got 12 votes and were placed joint 13th) as reserves. Last year we had a couple of glitches with some of the pictures and so it may be the case that we need to substitute one again.

Springsong - Beccles Boat Show

Jenny Morgan - sn 318

Hemsby Pie - Crew returning

Can all those above please send their pictures individually in  their highest possible definition to

beccleswoodenboatshow@aol.com

so that I can forward them to the printers enbloc.

Thank you all for your help and support. You have created quite a calendar!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

And the piccy thread is back up so you can view the winning entries.

http://forum.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/topic/13992-its-piccy-time-2018-calendar-here-we-come/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-219909

Of course any likes will no longer be counted although you are most welcome to continue to like the pictures, and, to be honest, its hard not to!

• Like 4

Wow what a day, 2 photos in my first attempt, watching Bake Off and finding a Brown Hairstreak (butterfly) egg in Middlesex - not that will mean anything to anybody on here! And then there was Sunday and WRs minor TV role - so could be an interesting week ahead?

• Like 3

Photos emailed as requested JA :default_icon_e_biggrin:

Just like to say many, many thanks for all the likes for my humble efforts, I'm very touched, congratulations to Brian and all the other finalists but they were all cracking photos.

I feel I was very lucky really having the opportunity to take photos in winter when you can get some stunning views.

Looking forward to the finished result!

:default_beerchug:

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Thats a good point actually.

Would you all like to title your pictures?

I tried to but it's just a swan....Swan Lake, Swan River, Swan and Boat, Boat and Swan, Boat Reflection, What's for Breakfast/Dinner?, Graham, I am saying cheese, This IS my best side? You got something for me?

I don't know.

How about, "Peaceful Ludham Evening", that will do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Location is always useful but other than that why not let the picture do the talking?

JM, I'm hurt, please, you don't know how long it took me to come up with that. :default_biggrin: Criticism ruined me at school, you're not Mr McDougell my English teacher are you? 

What about Peaceful Evening, Serene Evening, Settled Evening, Calm Evening...... I really am no good with words, can I let the viewers come up with a name?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BryanW said:

My titles were the file names.

Could I also request that horizons are horizontal in all photographs, there were one or two that I didn't vote on due to wanky ones.

I agree with your comment Brian. I’ts one thing I always look for in a photograph.

I see autocorrect strikes again at the end 

:default_rofl:

• Like 1