Jump to content
  • Announcements

    PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NBN MOBILE APP IS CURRENTLY NOT WORKING

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not allowed to do boaty stuff at home any more. I mean you build one engine on the kitchen table and its never forgotten...

Making some progress in the cockpit

Posted Images

Nooo yer larch is stacked up waiting it's turn once Doug has finished on his oak bending marathon. She is going to be so much stronger with all the new ribs and one frame replacement. 

The larch is in great lengths so there will be fewer joins and they can be placed where they are wanted. 

Also, goodbye to the deal that was bedevilling her long term wellbeing.

But I can't find the toilet either.........:default_blink::default_biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Polly said:

Nooo yer larch is stacked up waiting it's turn once Doug has finished on his oak bending marathon. She is going to be so much stronger with all the new ribs and one frame replacement. 

The larch is in great lengths so there will be fewer joins and they can be placed where they are wanted. 

Also, goodbye to the deal that was bedevilling her long term wellbeing.

But I can't find the toilet either.........:default_blink::default_biggrin:

It’s still here just don’t use it when it’s windy.

B53777BB-0FEF-49AE-8C1A-26A3E8930CDE.jpeg

E278CCB7-95EF-400F-8B49-AEA313FEE8F3.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been there, done that, another twenty five years I 'll have to do it all again!!  I often wonder how much of Spray, built in the winter of 1908/09, is actually original. Looks like Brilliant is where we were about ten years ago. Re the antique bog, great rock garden ornament, we don't miss having it onboard one iota!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Thwarted! There we were, booked at The Sutton Staithe Hotel, and all set to spend a couple of days with Brilliant after a mega busy Autumn; and what happens? Sunday we are snowed in with ice promised as a follow up, so now we will have to wait until after Christmas...boo!

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 04:29, Polly said:

Thwarted! There we were, booked at The Sutton Staithe Hotel, and all set to spend a couple of days with Brilliant after a mega busy Autumn; and what happens? Sunday we are snowed in with ice promised as a follow up, so now we will have to wait until after Christmas...boo!

That’s a relief I can have a day off to decorate the Christmas tree lol.

Actually spent the afternoon making the next batch of ribs now I have the timber.

Doug.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13 December 2017 at 15:58, brundallNavy said:
On 12 December 2017 at 04:29, Polly said:

 

That’s a relief I can have a day off to decorate the Christmas tree lol.

Actually spent the afternoon making the next batch of ribs now I have the timber.

Doug.

Spare ribs aren't Christmas fare though Doug,, best do the Christmas tree. :1300_clap_tone1:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

See what you want is a boat that you just find bits of solid Teak laying about in - it kind self heals itself. When another issue pops up you discover another bit from the bottom of a cupboard lol. When I was having things lifted up and looked in for the BSS even the bathroom cupboard shelves are sold hardwood not ply. I guess there are less worries in Taiwan about where wood turns up from...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen some most exotic woods used as the planks nailed around the outside rims of drums of cables to protect the cable, many a time there were some lovely planks of unseasoned apple, pear, cherry and other british timbers. generally when they were removed they either went into the site skips or onto the site bonfires, I do however have most of my loft planked out in them, and when we lived in a house with an open fire they came in most useful of a winters night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a future in self-repairing woodies.:default_beerchug:

Griff, it's a big ask. Brilliant is booked into EW for painting etc, so that cuts a big chunk off the project. We shall see, I just reflect that without Doug we'd have lost Brilliant. May would be ideal, is all. and Doug is very quick when he gets the chance to be there, flu and weather have been big hurdles. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • grendel changed the title to Brilliant

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • NBN Mobile App


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.