Guest KeithC

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some more bad news.

The charts are indicating another depression coming in for next week, not a deep one and no more surges but it will not help to drain off any flooding, it will look like hanging around for a while, associated rain fall not helping level reduction either :(

Matron:

1.2 above harmonic prediction

Just seen it Dave, lets just hope it doesnt happen and calms a little by Morning, if a three metre surge was to happen, then the consequences dont bear thinking about. :shocked

They have called an emergency meeting in parlament, and have sanctioned all the COBRA plans, the hospitals and care homes in the areas thought to be in much danger are all being evacuated to sports centres and church halls ect on higher ground. :cry::(

Looks like Yarmouth may now be the greatest place at risk tomorrow morning :Stinky:Sailing

Julz :wave

Please remember, its never worth putting yourself in any dangerous risky situation, just to save your property, Boats can be replaced, Lives cannot, stay safe people :love;)

Simon mate if your around to check on SD could you please check on curlew.

this doesnt look very good from up here in Manchester.

the wind was realy heavy most of the day then died down round 4pm then round 6pm started to build up again. now at 22:16 still blowing strong

I live in Lowestoft, luckily on about the only bit of high ground there is here, but I've just been told that most of the schools are closed tomorrow, several aid centers have already been set up, and a few of the severe high risk areas have already been told to evacuate, and we have all been warned that there will probably have power cuts, if it does all happen looking at the flood plane plan from the 53 floods I'll be living on an Island, The Lowestoft Online site I use has about 18 pages about the flooding and that only started about midday, some have already moved everything upstairs in preparation, seems there are some very scared people out there at the moment, all I know is that if it does happen theres b***** all I can do to stop it, so guess I'll just plod on and see what happens,,,

7,500 People have now been evacuated out of Gt Yarmouth and into rescue centres, including Caister High school, although they are now saying the surge is expected to be around 20cm lower than first feared last night. Some areas of the quay at GT Yarmouth have been breeched already, and all 3 main road routes in to the town have been closed, not only for safety reasons but to stop 'Disaster' tourists, Some People! :evil: as if the emergancy services havent got enough to deal with!

The sea is now in a dangerous state, and people are being warned not to try and view the surge from the sea fronts, as the wave action is very strong and unpredictable. Freezing tempretures and sleet showers are also making things unpleasent, but hasnt stopped sightseers from standing and watching the rivers from the bridges in GT yarmouth, were the TV pics showed about 2ft clearance under their feet.

The surge is now said to be 10ft above normal heights according to the 7am news.

Julz :wave

At 8.00 this morning the river Thurne is two inches off its highest ever level and High Water isn't expected until 11.30. I suspect tonight's high tide will be the tester.

Potter Bridge clearance at the moment id 5' 1"