Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

4 hours ago, Ricardo said:

That's a 41 foot version its been around brundall all day , obviously not as big in fact the difference between that boat and independence is the difference between a family home and a tower block :15_yum: why have we suddenly started saluting boats all of a sudden surely a wave is sufficient :default_biggrin:

Attention on the upper deck, face to port and a pipe. I must remember to bring my Bosun's call when I come down next. Don't forget to teach team dog to salute.

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Come off it Ricardo... Don't you think Indy's seen enough waves this year?

Not at all I recon she needs to see some more after all that's what she was built for + a salute and a wave have totally different meanings , a wave is sufficient after all we are all boaters no one is of a higher rank than anyone else be it boat or person  ..

1 minute ago, JennyMorgan said:

The ability to be able to give at least a one gun salute does have a certain attraction!

As long as it contains a live round.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ricardo said:

why have we suddenly started saluting boats all of a sudden surely a wave is sufficient :default_biggrin:

It's called humour. 
:default_biggrin:

5 hours ago, socrates said:

I must remember to bring my Bosun's call when I come down next.

I have one on board,  it was owned by the old gent who the boat is named after and it is about 95 years old. 3 ex naval relations have tried to play it,  with limited success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jbx5 said:

Independence and her crew just passed us on Oulton dyke looking very clean and smart even with a few dodgy Donny  boys on the front

You'd be waiting less time at the Arksey crossing than you would waiting for a Donny boy who wasn't dodgy :default_smiley-angelic002:

I now have a picture in my mind of Griff sat between two large engines in an immaculatem, logical engine room that's bigger than most bathrooms, a justifiably satisfied smile on his face. Robin has a good friend in Griff! 

Sat in Oulton Broad's Yacht Station she dwarfed the more usual Broom boats. Thanks for the welcome aboard, what a boat! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Not at all I recon she needs to see some more after all that's what she was built for + a salute and a wave have totally different meanings , a wave is sufficient after all we are all boaters no one is of a higher rank than anyone else be it boat or person  ..

Compared to my humble kayak she is!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Compared to my humble kayak she is!  

Why they are both boats , because one costs much more doesn't make it superior , I'll bet your kayak can go much further on the broads , bigger doesn't mean better and that is my point ! 

Well that was a busy Friday.  Myself and Wizard were onboard for around 2300, Robin there to great us.  Friday we really got stuck in to a snagging / update list,  Some items were mundane just easy away, some took some thinking about, some were downright awkward.  No doubt Robin will be along in due course with what we achieved.  Friday evening saw Bro and Londonlad arrive, we then sailed Saturday for a social couple of days - Very good it was too.  So,  thanks for the opportunity and of course the company

Griff

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

She not just bigger, she's also superbly fitted out and rearing to go. Style and comfort too, an impressive bit of kit. 

Very true but would you expect that given her cost ? At the end of the day its a boat an unfortunately on the broads quite restricted as are a lot of boats around brundall on less they are unleashed in their natural environment the sea , which has been my point all a long .

There are dozens of boats with exquisite fit outs that makes no difference , the head of NYA (J.F)  came past me today in his 62 foot sun seeker  that he keeps in brundall but also takes to sea n that boat is truly mind blowing .