Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

we went to france one winter several days in a row (living only 20 minutes from dover this is cheaper to get day tickets than a hotel, by the third day of fairly rough weather, my other half was feeling sick every time we got on land (on the last trip it was so rough that the crew were wearing sickness bands on their wrists, as we came down each wave we were stopped dead by the following one.

2 hours ago, grendel said:

tomorrow is Brighton to Ramsgate, Monday is Ramsgate to Great Yarmouth.

I take it that they are stopping before heading to brundall on Tuesday or is it Ramsgate to brundall in one trip ? Trust me it matters I'm heading up the yare on Tuesday from St olives :15_yum:

46 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

I take it that they are stopping before heading to brundall on Tuesday or is it Ramsgate to brundall in one trip ? Trust me it matters I'm heading up the yare on Tuesday from St olives :15_yum:

If you time it right, you could throw them a line and get a tow up the Yare :default_biggrin:

16 minutes ago, Snowy said:

If you time it right, you could throw them a line and get a tow up the Yare :default_biggrin:

Priceless snowy absolutely priceless , but that would ruin the fuel consumption figures:default_blink: and my reputation etc  , never forget u th the mighty BMC that just keeps on rolling + it fits in with the required spec ie old skool like me :default_biggrin:+ its 5-6 mph so that's absolutely no problem at all :15_yum: , oh forgot they have to come down the new cut to get me anyway so probably not a good idea :default_rofl:

Inshore forecast for area Dover does have "Wintery Showers"  Once round Beachy Head they will be head to wind, especially so after Dungeness. 5 to 7 so not smooth.

Wishing you an enjoyable and safe passage.

10 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Morning all,  well best laid plans n all that. We intended to move over to the fuelling pontoon at 0745. Instead we are now in Wetherspoons having b’fast

Griff

Got to get your priorities right!