Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

What could possibly go wrong?

I’ll tell thee. Our up to date admiralty chart states Brighton Marina maintained depth 2m. Only our depth sounder states different. The HM has advised us 2 x Hrs or 1000 before we can move from our pontoon for fuel or 1 x Hr before we can leave the marina.

So here we sit until 1000, by the time we have fuelled and departed it will be around 1045, which puts our eta at Ramsgate at 1900 - ish. Joy and glee. Ramsgate is a tight entrance at the best of times when it’s light according to the chats. None of our crew have been to Ramsgate and I can’t remember if I have or not 

Griff

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

What could possibly go wrong?

I’ll tell thee. Our up to date admiralty chart states Brighton Marina maintained depth 2m. Only our depth sounder states different. The HM has advised us 2 x Hrs or 1000 before we can move from our pontoon for fuel or 1 x Hr before we can leave the marina.

So here we sit until 1000, by the time we have fuelled and departed it will be around 1045, which puts our eta at Ramsgate at 1900 - ish. Joy and glee. Ramsgate is a tight entrance at the best of times when it’s light according to the chats. None of our crew have been to Ramsgate and I can’t remember if I have or not 

Griff

The best laid plans of mice and men.

Well Team Indy had to have a little hiccup when you consider the distance they have travelled and if today is it then they haven’t done bad,

a little later I’ll be giving the grandsons a crash course on this whole experience..................I’ve now got to add tides into the lesson, wish me luck !

• Like 1

Robin has an experienced crew

if they can maintain 12 knots they should be able to arrive in 6 1/2 hours dungeness 3h 45 min after departure 1h 35 to dover then 1hr 15 to ramsgate (navionics route planner) so 10 45 departure, so 5.30 would just be dusk falling. just before nautical twighlight ends.

Sunset: 16:50:19
Dusk - civil twilight ends 17:25:46
Nautical twilight ends 18:05:27
Astronomical twilight ends 18:44:11

9 minutes ago, grendel said:

if they can maintain 12 knots they should be able to arrive in 6 1/2 hours dungeness 3h 45 min after departure 1h 35 to dover then 1hr 15 to ramsgate (navionics route planner) so 10 45 departure, so 5.30 would just be dusk falling. just before nautical twighlight ends.

I have a feeling that will depend a lot on the weather today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1