Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

So tomorrow I have some friendly NBN members popping over to be my crew to Brundall. I will fuel up at Brooms I suspect because I don’t want to leave tanks half full and then will work out the total used and share here on the fuel sweep stake thread and see who was closer. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Good job that Crew Indy was happy to eat aboard tonight, I genuinely couldn't think of anywhere to recommend to Robin. 

As Katiew has just said, Independence has proven herself, Breydon should be no problem! 

What’s wrong with Kentucky or McDonald’s  :default_eusa_naughty:

• Haha 1

A brilliant fault free adventure which is down to the expertise of indy's crew with the technical knowledge preparing her for the journey along with the navigational skills needed to get her to Great Yarmouth, has the crew considered boat delivery as a full time occupation ? it is a great shame about the interruption of the trip.

We will watch with interest tomorrow as the trickiest part of the trip awaits......Breydon Water :default_biggrin:

Well done chaps and to the good ship "Independance".

• Like 1

Great news Robin and hope all goes well . . .

Please activate your 'tracker/transducer' on departure so that we can all follow your progress . . .

(Day 5 for me and, I guess, many, many others here, following the journey via "Marine-Traffic" :12_slight_smile:)

18 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

So tomorrow I have some friendly NBN members popping over to be my crew to Brundall. I will fuel up at Brooms I suspect because I don’t want to leave tanks half full and then will work out the total used and share here on the fuel sweep stake thread and see who was closer. 

19 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

Low water at Yarmouth is pretty early tomorrow around 8am , I too are going up the yare from St olives but a slightly different route , night tide at brundall is around 5pm if I remember n take care there have been some quite low tides around brundall over the last few days , n good idea to fill the tanks I'm not sure when brooms knock off on a Monday fuel wise but check Malcolm always aims to please but he's gonna be out of his hut for a while I recon filling independence :default_biggrin:

9 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I'm afraid that fine dining and Great Yarmouth don't usually come in the same sentence but both Mc D's are pretty good. My wife and I prefer the Gapton Hall Estate one to the Regent Street one.

Hot peas off the market is the food of champions (mint sauce optional) I never go through Yarmouth without stopping for a pot or 6

• Like 1

Well done team, what an effort. Good luck Robin and tomorrow's crew for the trip to Brundall. 

What a thread! Alas with work and life I haven't been able to keep up with the thread through the day but I've enjoyed catching up this evening (12 pages since I last looked at 9am this morning!). 

3 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/hotels/england/norfolk/the-troll-cart

There are better 'Spoons in the area, but it's okay...

Have actually been there, didn't realise it was a Wetherspoons. That blessed 'teddy bear man' was performing outside, he's awful. As you say, better Spoons' in the area, back to Mc D's!

I can only echo what many have already said

Well done to Robin, Griff and the rest of crew Indy

Just got tomorrow to see the final voyage and then can get back to doing some work, seems that my PC & Ipad have been continually on Marine Traffic since last Friday 

Once again well done to a fabulous job by all of Crew Indy, but what can I watch next weekend???

John

Well done guys , but every picture posted looks like she is rolling heavily, maybe all the advice you had regarding stabilisers was right ,must of been a rough ride - quoted above.

Well in any heavy sea conditions any boat will roll a bit  especially when speed has to be reduced. At the end of the day the boat performed well and the crew did a good job.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I didn't know that there was a Wetherspoons in Yarmouth. I've never heard anyone recommend it, unlike the ones at Beccles and Lowestoft.

Yea the troll cart  by the traffic lights on regent St , n slight correction it mc Donald's that over the road not KFC , not like me to do inaccurate info I must be having a day off :default_biggrin:

20 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I didn't know that there was a Wetherspoons in Yarmouth. I've never heard anyone recommend it, unlike the ones at Beccles and Lowestoft.

Oh I recommend it , just cos you won't believe it , its hardly typical of the other outlet's .

3 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Aren't KFC & Mc D practically next door to each other?

Don't know I was always in a rush to get out of the pub to notice :default_biggrin: but yes I think your right :default_beerchug:

Team Indy - All home safe,.

I walked in at 0130 to have our Macie dog go bonkers as per the norm.  It's snowing here good and proper and settling too so another cold morning to look forward to.  Back down to earth with a crash, stripping out a shower room in just over 6 x Hrs, I'm so tired it will have to be a shower in t morning.  Clay shooting Wednesday evening.

Did the adventure really happen?

Remind me not to move anyone's boat from anywhere to anywhere at sea ever again unless it is in the summer in sunny calm seas with nowt more then a zephyr, let alone a gentle breeze

Thanks again for all your comments / best wishes,  proper humbling

Griff

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Team Indy - All home safe,.

I walked in at 0130 to have our Macie dog go bonkers as per the norm.  It's snowing here good and proper and settling too so another cold morning to look forward to.  Back down to earth with a crash, stripping out a shower room in just over 6 x Hrs, I'm so tired it will have to be a shower in t morning.  Clay shooting Wednesday evening.

Did the adventure really happen?

Remind me not to move anyone's boat from anywhere to anywhere at sea ever again unless it is in the summer in sunny calm seas with nowt more then a zephyr, let alone a gentle breeze

Thanks again for all your comments / best wishes,  proper humbling

Griff

In awe at what you and Team Indy have just completed in the most challenging circumstances 

Indy and you guys stood up to the challenge like true champions

Yes, Robin that includes your personal challenges and the honesty and manner in which you have dealt with it

You are all inspiring! 

Forever in the memory banks of many who have followed this adventure 

Broad Ambition, Captains Blogs, Royal Flotilla and now Independance!! 

Whatever next? 

Can I suggest that you enjoy the beauty of the Norfolk Broads and if you do venture beyond the sea walls, it is on the most gorgeous days only!! 

Well done to you all

Yours Newfoundly 

Warren, Julie, Gigi and Cooper 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2