Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

Glad Indy is now in safer waters and will be completing her journey today. So wish you and the team could have been with her Griff. All the best laid plans and all that...! You and the guys have done a sterling job and it will be an adventure to remember, perhaps not for all the right reasons! Not a lot more to say except hats off to you all. 

Good luck today Robin, the waters of the Yare will be like an old friend now. 

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Team Indy - All home safe,.

I walked in at 0130 to have our Macie dog go bonkers as per the norm.  It's snowing here good and proper and settling too so another cold morning to look forward to.  Back down to earth with a crash, stripping out a shower room in just over 6 x Hrs, I'm so tired it will have to be a shower in t morning.  Clay shooting Wednesday evening.

Did the adventure really happen?

Remind me not to move anyone's boat from anywhere to anywhere at sea ever again unless it is in the summer in sunny calm seas with nowt more then a zephyr, let alone a gentle breeze

Thanks again for all your comments / best wishes,  proper humbling

Griff

There's a rumour that Robin left his flip flops on the dock in Plymouth, he's wondering if you and the lads can crew Independence again so's he can get them back

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, w-album said:

And most people only usually moan about Potter!

I’ll drive 2 hours and sit and watch Independence try and go under that one :default_biggrin:

please note: that’s a joke before anyone points out that won’t happen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh come on , who on here drives over that bridge or has done in rush hour ? People are going to work for heaven's sake , I'm not sure who has priority but given that there are many more going to be affected by lifting it in rush hour I can see why they won't do it its common sense after all its not a 2 minute operation   I'm not being critical before someone says so I'm being sensible and thinking of the mass's rather than the few .

13 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Oh come on , who on here drives over that bridge or has done in rush hour ? People are going to work for heaven's sake , I'm not sure who has priority but given that there are many more going to be affected by lifting it in rush hour I can see why they won't do it its common sense after all its not a 2 minute operation   I'm not being critical before someone says so I'm being sensible and thinking of the mass's rather than the few .

I agree  with Ricardo here, they will probably wait until after work time starts (maybe 9.15 am ) after that initial rush of traffic has died down.

• Like 1

I can understand why they cant lift the bridges in rush hour, what if you gridlock Yarmouth and then an emergency vehicle cant get through etc, lives could be at stake. So frustrating for Robin though but hopefully they will be through soon.

Morning Robin, hope you slept well last night. Look forward to following you today on here and ais. Weather here in Norwich is cold but calm.

Thanks Paul for your video. It shows how nasty the entrance into Gt Yarmouth can be if not slack water. There is a nasty swirl in the mouth on the Gorleston side at anything other than slack. It would be why Indy was rocking and rolling as she came in.I'm sure will tell us more once he's well rested.

Thanks ALL for your photos and videos over the last few days, I've hardly got anything done.

Colin:default_beerchug: