Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

I have a question..... if topping up independence was 2,909 litres at a cost of £2,835,  how much would it have been if the tanks were empty !!! 

Dry tanks - It would take 2405 litres to fill them, give or take the odd ten litres for fuel lines, manifolds,  filters etc

Griff

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I have a question..... if topping up independence was 2,909 litres at a cost of £2,835,  how much would it have been if the tanks were empty !!! 

Dry tanks - It would take 2405 litres to fill them, give or take the odd ten litres for fuel lines, manifolds,  filters etc

Griff

3 tanks.. 2405 each...........7215      OU

I have followed this from start to finish and would just like to add my thanks for taking us along for the ride, well done to Crew Indy and so very pleased for Robin as he starts to live his dream on his lovely little ship

I think this thread is a testament to a wonderful forum with members coming together to offer support and a whole lot of love

Well done everyone from the crew to the newest members who joined to show their support

All the best Robin

Grace

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

3 tanks.. 2405 each...........7215      OUCH

No, Sorry but I didn't make mysen clear there.  Port and Stbd tanks, 1000 x Ltrs each, centre tank 405 x Ltrs, combined total 2405 x Ltrs, or 2:4 tonnes of diesel

Griff

Thank you, we got there in the end ! :4_joy:

What a relief, will the next "fred" restart at page 1, the song sung by the Shanty men keeps coming to mind. " Home Home from The Sea". Well done one and all, I hope you all get rested up and the aches subside Griff. Looking forward to the next topic.

9 hours ago, donnygeoff said:

come on Rick......

this fred is about a bloke who thought about buying a boat, bought a boat, from down south, cos he liked it, as a southerner he asked a northerner to help him bring the boat to Norfolk, the northern bloke said yes, the southern bloke was happy, they brought the boat to Norfolk, they arrived and got told, you need to have a visitor short time toll, he bought it, he fuelled his boat with a years worth of mortgage for me, he is happy, northern bloke was tiling a bathroom when it all ended. There is a button on here where you can start any fred you want.. untolled boats, un BSS boats, uninsured boats, boats with no sails, boat with sails, boats with oars.

lets leave anything apart from what this fred is about to other ones...

:default_beerchug:

Excuse me not guilty mlord. :default_dunce:

Fred

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, smellyloo said:

Re: BA ranger visit.

Are there any checks made on vessels entering the Broads from sea? I'm thinking smuggling activty etc.

Don't forget to put on false plates then, as all experienced villains do.

11 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

going north to Selby tomorrow morning, you local at dinner time 1 ish

Sorry Geof during working hours working days, its a no no other than a sarnie and cup of tea etc.  Tomorrow I am working on the housing estate of what we did know as RAF Finningley

Griff

Don't wake any sleeping defence ministers

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doncasterlad said:

Gone very quiet this forum since independance got back prob tired every one out!!

Definitely, Griff and the crew need to get off there backsides, get back down here and get this boat back to Plymouth where she came from, right Robin.

get ready everyone:default_badday:

• Haha 2