Spring Meet Salhouse 2017

Vaughan

I have been reading back over previous threads on the forum (as it is also an archive) and I notice there is no longer any reference to our spring meet this year, which was attended by 25 boats. Other meets in previous years are still there to read, including other meets this year, but not the one in Salhouse in May, which has been removed.

I remember that several members posted their stories about the meet, as well as many photos, which serve as a souvenir of a happy and memorable occasion.

I hope this is simply a hiccup, after the recent upgrading of the forum software, and that we may have this thread re-instated, so that we can enjoy the memory?

• Like 2

We arrived early Friday morning in order to check that the ranger had done  the necessary jobs like posting all the notices to warn other boaters off in the correct place (NOT you two!).

I tend to prowl the mooring area most times in order to help peeps moor or to suggest where they might moor. Oh, and take lots of pics which I've assembled in chronological order!

The beagles were early happy to welcome anyone!

IMG_8393.JPG

Followed by the Flagbearers!

IMG_8394.JPG

IMG_8398.JPG

IMG_8400.JPG

• Like 4

Which will probably preclude all but the Waveney & Yare rivers?

The afore mentioned bridges on the Bure sees to that without even considering the draft.  But looking on the bright side, Independence does have the capability of using Breydon, GYA, downstream of Haven Bridge, New cut, Waveney up to the first bridge at Beccles, the mighty Yare to the rail bridge at Norwich, Oulton Broad, Mutford Lock, Lake Lothing. The whole of the North sea and beyond of course - Just how much does she want/need?

The Jewel in the crown here is that the Rascal still has use of 'B.A' for the whole of the Broads rivers, including above PHB  Best of both worlds springs to mind

Griff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget that the depth in the middle of the river becomes irrelevant if you want to moor anywhere and I can think of a lot of places that even on a neap low tide a vessel with a draft that deep is going to be very very close to the bottom if not on it , surlingham broad ( bargate , really ,) at low tide would defiantly not be a good idea .