1 hour ago, JanetAnne said:

Sadly there are no spare moorings at Beccles, the event has been fully booked for some while now.  The best I can offer is a place on the reserve list and wait for someone to drop out. If it helps we do tend to have one  or two drop out at the last minute.

I think you are mistaken because there was plenty of space available when we phoned the harbour master. We are booked in and will be happy with the company of our own friends and will enjoy viewing the splendid wooden boats. We are more than happy not to be part of the “clique”. Thanks Broad Ambition, please come and say hello and have a glass or two with us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, socrates said:

I think you are mistaken because there was plenty of space available when we phoned the harbour master. We are booked in and will be happy with the company of our own friends and will enjoy viewing the splendid wooden boats. We are more than happy not to be part of the “clique”. Thanks Broad Ambition, please come and say hello and have a glass or two with us.

I never said the yacht station to be fully booked just that the spaces I have booked for the event are fully booked. I had to let the harbour master have a full list of attendees probably a month ago now. Only he will know what space he has on adjacent quayhead etc. 

To be fair here you did tell me back in May that you were going to moor on the other side anyway. 

No problem. We are there on a vintage wooden boat, but not part of the “clique”. Feel free to say hello because, unlike some people, we are actually inclusive. Our friend - former member Ricardo will be part of our crew. Past experience of this event tells us that people like us are not welcome. I can’t see why not but hey ho that is how life is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, socrates said:

No problem. We are there on a vintage wooden boat, but not part of the “clique”. Feel free to say hello because, unlike some people, we are actually inclusive. Our friend - former member Ricardo will be part of our crew. Past experience of this event tells us that people like us are not welcome. I can’t see why not but hey ho that is how life is. 

Hold on a minute. We're attending this event and we are most certainly not part of any "clique". I know some of the people involved and to me they seem to be a fairly normal (by wooden boatowner standards, so "normal" is a relative term) and perfectly friendly bunch. Perhaps you are being a bit oversensitive?

Well said Spider, I don't 'DO' cliques either, we are attending, I hope to meet and re-meet all attending.

I just don't get the 'People like us' statement  just what kind of people are 'Us' then?  The wooden boat owners group are 'People like us' too so that makes me one of them I suppose.  I have met Ricardo - had a chat and all to the good and I will have no problem meeting him again nor will I have any issues with meeting you Socrates either.  What I will say is that attending an event with an attitude of being defensive / on the back foot puts you in the wrong frame of mind to start with

Griff

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JanetAnne said:

I never said the yacht station to be fully booked just that the spaces I have booked for the event are fully booked. I had to let the harbour master have a full list of attendees probably a month ago now. Only he will know what space he has on adjacent quayhead etc. 

To be fair here you did tell me back in May that you were going to moor on the other side anyway. 

Well that's a shame.

For the last hour I have been speaking to and emailing people checking whether they are confirmed etc trying to free up a space on the quayhead for you and I return here to another salvo. 

I'll tell you two things though. Firstly I would have loved a Ripplecraft on the quay but for me it's always been about the boats and secondly you were instrumental in the event ever happening in the first place if you remember back a few years.

You have my number

• Thanks 1

I refer honourable members to our restoration thread in the hope that it will clarify our feelings toward a MINORITY of members toward us and our boat. Yes, we were insulted, and no we are not being over sensitive. We were embarrassed, humiliated and insulted by certain people. I would suggest that you actually meet us and talk to us before you pass a judgment. 

37 minutes ago, socrates said:

I refer honourable members to our restoration thread in the hope that it will clarify our feelings toward a MINORITY of members toward us and our boat. Yes, we were insulted, and no we are not being over sensitive. We were embarrassed, humiliated and insulted by certain people. I would suggest that you actually meet us and talk to us before you pass a judgment. 

You are welcome onboard Royal Tudor but bear in mind she is still very much a work in progress, do we mind if people pass comment on the condition not a bit when she is fully finished then maybe.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

You are welcome onboard Royal Tudor but bear in mind she is still very much a work in progress, do we mind if people pass comment on the condition not a bit when she is fully finished then maybe.

Just dont mention the missing floorboard :default_biggrin:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

We are also very much a work in progress. We have followed your thread. I just hope the pedants are not as harsh with you as they were with us two years ago. 

22 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Well there will be plenty of space next year. I'm done with it . Just don't need all the talking in riddles and bloody politics. Life is too short.

Bollix to it.  I'm done.

You're not going to get away that easily. I see that you need a good talking to.....!

1 hour ago, socrates said:

I just hope the pedants are not as harsh with you as they were with us two years ago. 

Oh come on, please. I remember a similar discussion this year when we were all trying to persuade you that you would be welcome to join us at the Spring Meet in Salhouse.

This sounds more like the competition for the prize marrow at the village fête, which is won every year by the vicar, so miss Prodworthy from the post office reckons the vote must be fixed!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Oh come on, please. I remember a similar discussion this year when we were all trying to persuade you that you would be welcome to join us at the Spring Meet in Salhouse.

This sounds more like the competition for the prize marrow at the village fête, which is won every year by the vicar, so miss Prodworthy from the post office reckons the vote must be fixed!

Just what are you trying to say Vaughan? If you are attempting to insult me please talk in pain language. I feel you are having a personal dig at me, and you are out of order here. Please look back at how we were insulted at a previous event. I have done nothing to offend you, so why the personal attack? I do not know you, and actually enjoy reading about your knowledge of this area. 

I was actually trying to bring the tone down a bit, but maybe have not succeeded.

I was merely reacting to your last few posts, which are after all, on open forum. If you look back over them, you may feel, as I do, that you are pre- judging peoples' reaction to you (not just to your boat) at an event which you have asked to attend.

Your remarks already seem to have persuaded the organiser not to run the event any more as he doesn't like the sound of this hassle. I don't know what you are intending by these remarks but as someone reading this thread, it sounds as though you intend to moor on the other bank and heave dead fish across the river.

Vaughan, perception is reality. You were not there when we endured the insults and remarks. I respectfully suggest that you discontinue your attempts to calm a situation that does not actually exist. We are mooring on the opposite side and have no intention of throwing anything at anyone. Former member Ricardo and our other friends will be on board, all are welcome to interact with us should they so desire. Indeed, we have already invited Broad Ambition and Timbo on board and look forward to their company. What is the problem? 

I'm getting confused here, is the wooden boat meet a seperate meet to our forum meet, it looks to me as though the two are the same weekend but separate. soctrese there's no 'clique' here on the NBN, i left another forum because i didn't get in the 'clique' although i was  member for a long time and was badly moderated for a couple of posts. Give us a chance and start again.

Hope i've tried to put that across right.

• Thanks 1