Where's Timbo?

Timbo

22 hours ago, Timbo said:

FANFARE: Played on a Kazoo by an asthmatic chicken. 

For those wondering, the name Arlo was chosen by his Dad. Not for Arlo Guthrie but Arlo the friendly dinosaur. It is to be noted that Gracie has been asking if her new brother will be green or black? Name your baby after a dinosaur and your five year old will expect you to produce a dinosaur

Thank god the Teletubbies are no longer on tv.

• Haha 2

So, a quick update. Both Mum and baby are doing well but have been kept in hospital for observation. Arlo has a slight 'squeak' when he breathes out. Although adorable, he's not supposed to be squeaking and he may need a course of antibiotics, but we will know later today.

As for myself...today is the first day of my meds being reduced back to normal. Normal for me that it. The one I dislike the most is the beta-blocker bisoprolol. I'm sure this thing is doing me more harm than good. When they increase this I can't catch my breath, I seem to live on bottles of Lucozade just to get my get up and go to go!

I've been doing my stretching exercises, Park Ballet Championships with Gracie a big help, and today I will be taking my usual morning route with the dogs through the woods...but at a quicker pace. Ellie has promised Gracie a visit to the local soft play place this afternoon. So that's two hours of screaming kids in urgent need of a thick ear to look forward to...deep joy! 

I'm getting together with brother in law Watson soon to start pestering the life out of Doug. It's make or break year for Royal Tudor. I have to get her back in the water this year. Looking at things seriously for just a moment I'm not sure I will be well enough to be of any use but I'm doing my level best to get fit enough to get the old girl back where she belongs and to enjoy boating.

Right that coffee pot is brewed...a rather delicious and fruity aribca bean today. Ellie's been spoiling me!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

All the best Timbo.

I spent part of this wee small hours watching a YouTube Archaeology about early hominids. YouTube being what it is I chose the least sensationalised one I could find and kept the salt handy.

One example I had already heard of was a Neanderthal burial with flower pollen present, another I hadn't was of a from-birth  disabled Neanderthal find in the Middle East dubbed Nandi where the individual apparently lived to about 40. The argument advanced for the latter was that this individual would have needed lifelong support from others in the group.

Is this an area you have been involved in? 

Walk over and done with...'I am getting there' but a bit like the Old British Rail was 'getting there in the adverts'.:default_norty:

Hi Polly.
My expertise is in two areas, field archaeology and landscape archaeology. Landscape archaeology turned into my passion, working in conservation in some of the worlds most ancient and precious landscapes. My role was to work over and with various international and national organisations and local peoples to protect, preserve where possible, conserve where I couldn't, the landscape using a mutually beneficial, mutually agreed, economically viable strategy. Imagine if you will the BA but with a civil war, drug cartels, famine, natural disasters, corporate businesses and two of the worlds major religions to deal with. If you had 'visions' in that environment...some creepy crawly had bitten you...or you'd sampled something you shouldn't...or you'd been shot...again.

The Shanindar Caves in Iraq are fascinating. I was lucky to work with the Israeli Antiquities Authority on a site in Northern Israel where several neanderthal remains were discovered out in the open. I think it was last year that they discovered more supporting evidence to Shanindar from the Israeli site with the Ein Kashish bones. These were two individuals, one in the teens, that showed severe long-term injuries too, if I recall correctly. 

• Like 1

Tim, huge congrats...keep planning for those fishing expeditions!  Grace sounds such a sweetie...has she a touch of the Timbo realms of imagination perchance? Seems so!

Glad to read that your thoughts are back on Royal Tudor too!

all the best,

Helen

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Timbo Watch this week we are off to the movies. Not so much Darth Vader as Daft Bleeder!
DSC_0115.JPG

So what started as a bit of a sniffle on Thursday resulted in an ambulance ride. At 10 PM Friday night, I started to feel decidedly unwell with cold symptoms. By 2 AM I gave up trying to lie down as I couldn't catch my breath. By 4 AM I was starting to panic and I was sat on my doorstep outside trying to cool down and catch my breath with cramps in my chest. By 5 AM I gave up and rang Ellie to tell her I was calling 111. The bloke on 111 sent an Ambulance and in the meantime, I'd been instructed to crush up 4 Aspirin into water and drink it and take my GTN spray. The Ambulance arrived with two nice ladies who insisted I go with them on a jaunt to Lincoln.

Thanks to the speedy and efficient service of the Lincoln County NHS I was hooked up to heart monitors, chest xrays done, blood samples taken, heart traces done twice, prodded, poked diagnosed, nebuliser administered, drugs prescribed and back out of the door to go home and rest.

Luke, luke...I mean... Uncle Albert....I am my father! Just over a year and I'm in exactly the same place as the old boy with the same condition! 

On a serious note chaps, the rather dapper Italian Casualty Doctor passed on some advice...which was. 'Don't listen to jibes about 'man flu'. Apparently there is an alarming increase in the number of older blokes not seeking medical attention when they really need it.

Right, I'm off to bed! Night all!

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Hope you feel better soon Timbo! Please look after yourself...there are some very nasty bugs around this year. My boss, who is in his mid ‘40s ended in in hospital with pneumonia a couple of months back, and that started with what he though was just a cold.

Helen