Can A Rowing Boat Have Power?

This is most probably a very stupid question that we all know the answer to. But I’d like confirmation if anyone knows.

I’m about to gain a little rowing dinghy.

Can I put a little electric outboard on it or by doing that am I breaching my registration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so but by putting an outboard on, I suspect you would have to pay a higher toll?  My brother used to pay a higher toll on the white boat simply so he could put the outboard on perhaps twice a year to move it from A to B.  I deemed this ridiculous and have always managed to get the white boat towed!  Likewise my little sailing dinghy which is strictly speaking only a rowing dinghy used to pay a higher toll but since my brother removed bits the rudder fitted onto to make it easier to use clean his boat from the dinghy I told the BA it was no longer a sailing dinghy and as result reduced the toll I paid....

• Like 1

My better half pays much more attention than me and she reckons the previous owner paid £64.25 for this year which means it appears to have been registered as a motor boat. So we’re good until the end of March. Just need a little petrol or electric outboard (unless I find one in the shed I’m also about to gain )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1