Easter 4th to 10th April 2010

After a nice meal in the Wveney Inn, it was time for bed.

Even though the trip from Horning was nice and easy, I felt Knackered.

My head hit the pillow and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

When we woke, we decided that Mrs Donny didn't have to cook breaky, as we would have it in the cafe/swimming pool.

Not a bad English, but the bacon could have been a little less cooked (burnt), but then again I think it was Paul, who had been working in the pub till closing and then up cookin breakfast, he needs a pay rise.

Well the kids wanted to go swimming again, and Mrs Donny said she would like a sauna, so thats what we did...

A towel is as good as swimming trunks in a sauna, I thought, so I went in.

When we got out, I went outside, and the kids and Mrs Donny went for a swim (the towel is OK in sauna, but not that good in swimming pool)

As I looked down towards our boat, I noticed that the one moored next to us was about to leave..........

Blerdy hell...... he must have not listened last night.... as one of his kids was untying the ropes, he set off

The lad shouted, HANG ON THE ROPES STUCK...

Now he had started to turn left (port for the proper boaters) but he must have heard him shout, and put full reverse on.....

Bang.... into the quayside.. the lad had got the ropes untied so full on forward..... with full left.....

Bang.... his **** end (stern bit) decided to hit San Moritz, and use it as a guide out of his moorings...

We have all done it.

Well time to leave Eddie, and head for Reedham

post-360-136713692718_thumb.jpg

post-360-136713693004_thumb.jpg

post-360-136713693019_thumb.jpg

We moored for water before leaving, and of course the little one wanted to go to the shop

post-360-136713693032_thumb.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi sweet pea looks like you have had a wonderfull time im so jealous im not there until August

lovely pictures and a great story keep it coming makes me want to be there quicker. ;):dance

Fab Geoff. Errr.... it wasn't us :shocked

Was it Mario as they came through on a still Breydon the same... come on Mario own up!! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Sorry Adam but that is one thing I will never do. As Donny gave us a wave on his way to Reedham that would mean we crossed Breydon a day latter. When we tried to tie up at Lowestoft it was flat calm until a boat plained out through lowestoft Harbour at 30 kts. It went from flat calm to a 5ft swell. Not great when you are trying to tie to a concrete wall with metal ladders etc sticking out. The culprits were the last people you would expect.

Jonathan :Stinky

Sorry Adam but that is one thing I will never do. As Donny gave us a wave on his way to Reedham that would mean we crossed Breydon a day latter. When we tried to tie up at Lowestoft it was flat calm until a boat plained out through lowestoft Harbour at 30 kts. It went from flat calm to a 5ft swell. Not great when you are trying to tie to a concrete wall with metal ladders etc sticking out. The culprits were the last people you would expect.

Jonathan :Stinky

doh! Johnathan... :roll:

Suzannes is Jupes...

I am jupiter mist (adam)! Furthermore, I take no responsibility whatsoever for anything my beloved wife says...especially after 8.00pm :naughty:

In fact I should change my name as we no longer even have that boat... :naughty:

Any mods watching, can my name be changed to "Sea Hunter" (said in macho echoey voice :naughty::naughty::naughty: )

lb :pirate :pirate :pirate

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Right I had better do some more holiday tale tonight before my mates Jack and Fred get to take it over.

I best say hello to them....

HI JACK FRED

:Stinky

More tonight when I get back from the pub

cheersbar

just a random pic.

[attachment=0]7 APRIL 7.39AM_1560x1170.jpg[/attachment]

That was posted 4 days ago Geoffers, SO WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS IT THEN? two gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo guns:lol::lol: .

That was posted 4 days ago Geoffers, SO WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS IT THEN? two gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo guns:lol::lol: .

hes still reading his new book he got for his birthday :lol::lol:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Jonny, Sod his book, we`re all anxiously waitnig for the rest of his holiday tale. Keeping us waiting like this is`nt very sporting is it :pirate :pirate . Regards ............... Neil.

Thursday 8th Cont…

We left the WRC and headed up the Waveney.

Again the sun was shining, we tootled up and what a cruise, nice and steady.

post-360-1367136941_thumb.jpg

When we came to Somerleyton, the bridge was closed, I waved for it to open, but I don’t think they saw me.

post-360-13671369413_thumb.jpg

So we had to go under it, without it opening, pphheeeww, just made it, lol. Where are the bridge openers when you want them.

Then we got to the most boring part of the system, The New Cut.

As we turned towards Reedham, I decided that we would not stop, but carry on up river.

Now this is when you want your camera ready in your hand, and not have to find it, turn it on and miss the shot…….

CRACKERJACK being wiped down, I totally missed the shot,. What a nice boat…

We carried on past Cantley, as the kids had asked where they could play pool,

Plenty of time to get to The Beachamp Arms, so that is where we headed….

post-360-136713694399_thumb.jpg

Now, it may not be the poshest pub on the broads, but the Wherry was the BEST PINT I had had, the landlord is a great bloke..

post-360-136713694421_thumb.jpg

post-360-136713694443_thumb.jpg

After a couple we headed back to Reedham, this is Thursday and we need to be back North Sat morning.

We carried on past Cantley, as the kids had asked where they could play pool,

Plenty of time to get to The Beachamp Arms, so that is where we headed….

And a pool table with no coin slot! (after some toe rag nicked the money box) ...

Had you been there before Geoff?

THURSDAY, 8TH APRIL CONT....

We arrived at Reedham, and decided to moore outside my favourite pub there, The Ship.

I went in to book the table for the evening meal, and had a quick sample. Table booked for 6:30 and back to boat to let the crew know.

We took a walk and sat out side the the Lord Nelson. It was a nice evening, the sun was still about, and it was quite warm.

The last time we were at the Lord Nelson we had a drink of The Porter, I think that was it, and it was nice, so when I went to the bar I asked if they had it, the barmaid said no, and asked what it was, so I said it was like a stout, she offered 2 stouts and a dark beer, I said I didn't know as it was for the OH.

Well, she put in front of me 3 beers, about 1/3 of a pint of each and said, taste them and let me know which one you want.

(could I push the tasting bit to the spirits)

I drank them and ordered a pint and a half of (can't remember, but it was nice)

We sat outside watching the river go by, had one more, just to make sure we liked it, and set off to get ready for our evening meal in the Ship.

And what a meal it was, all i can remember is the Chicken and Stilton pie. B E A U T I F U L .

OH, mother and kids also enjoyed theirs, but I was in heaven.

Full to bursting, it was back to the boat for bed, as we needed to set of early on Friday morning to head north.

post-360-136713695257_thumb.jpg

Thursday, 8th cont.....

We were back on the boat at about 8:30, a quick night cap, and in bed by 10:00.

The last time we stopped at Reedham was on our first Broads holiday, 17 years ago, and we moored just down from Sandford Marine........

I will remember next time, moore at the Ship and get ready to be woken every 1/2 hour, (it seemed like that) with trains.

:Stinky

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Our very first night on a boat was at Reedham, and the quay heading was very different to how it is now. Saturday June 6th 1970. We were moored alongside a boat called "Mocking bird" which was the sister ship to "Moody blues" from Reedcraft which was next door to Sandersons. We had a nose through the windows and saw the engine hatch up, so assumed it was in for repairs. That was my first ever nights sleep on a boat, and one i`l never forget. The day before was the birthday of somebody on the forum, but i can`t remember who it is, but i think he comes from somewhere up North :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: . Another good read Geoffers, just waiting for the final instalment :clap:clap:clap . Regards ................ Neil.

8:30, a quick night cap, and in bed by 10:00.

thats a quick night cap 1h 30 mins Geoff :lol::lol: what was you trying to do find the bottle :naughty::naughty:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

And of course, because you COULD`NT find the top, you simply HAD to drink it all, purely and simply so it could`nt evaporate? :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: . It`s so good to hear you`re thinking of the environment Geoffers, think of all the ozone that you`ve saved by not letting all those evaporated beer gasses into that Norfolk atmosphere :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: . Regards .................... Neil.

And of course, because you COULD`NT find the top, you simply HAD to drink it all, purely and simply so it could`nt evaporate? :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: . It`s so good to hear you`re thinking of the environment Geoffers, think of all the ozone that you`ve saved by not letting all those evaporated beer gasses into that Norfolk atmosphere :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: . Regards .................... Neil.

Who said it was beer.

cheers