billywhippet

Hi all 

New to the forum, and newish to the broads. Myself and the wife came on our first holiday last year and ended up coming twice. Hired a boat from richardsons and had the best couple of weeks ever. We live in London and it was just magical to come for the relaxation ,the fantastic wildlife and nature.

We are coming again in april, we are just hooked, so will come back on here asking for some tips and any hidden little gems that people know about.

To think we used to go to Benidorm, bit of a change.

Regards all

Bill S

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

:default_welcome: from me as well.

Sounds like we have another victim of the Broads Bug here. I have to warn you Bill that it is an incredible condition but it can be held at bay by making regular visits to our magical place.

Have a great time on the forum and ask away with your questions, we have a wealth of knowledge here.

ps. Take a look in the Handy Information section (at the top of each page) for all sorts of ideas for places to visit and more.

David

• Like 1

A warm welcome, born in Norfolk, moved to London, now have a boat on the Broads and it’s heaven: out this weekend: blustery but lovely and warm: peace and quiet (shame on Hotel Wroxham though: poor Max, Labrador, not allowed inside at £20 a mooring in winter, they might want to rethink that, so had a pint in the accommodating, dog friendly, Kings ahead instead)  but whatever, a lovely weekend. You’re only in your 50’s. Dad has lived here all his life and only just caught the ‘I just buy a boat bug” at 72 :)

Welcome from me too. I very much regret that the bug you have caught has no known cure. As with the flu bug, you have to let it run its course which I’m afraid probably means you will just have to learn to live with it. And learning is such wonderful fun! Enjoy your April trip and be sure to come back and tell us how you got on. Plenty of information to be found here so just ask away. :default_stinky: