Salty Bottoms Whitson

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I'll keep an eye on the forecast tomorrow then, but Haven bridge needs to be booked by tomorrow afternoon :oops: We can still get through Somerleyton with the folding bits down, especially as we are near srpings, so maybe that is the safer option for getitng to Lowestoft after all.

Offshore is over 3 miles. Inshore is less than 3 miles. We have decided to go out on a 11am bridge on Sunday and spend the night at the Haven satellite. Will have a look at it Monday morning and if ok will run down to Southwold Monday afternoon. Will worry about coming back when we are ready to come back.

Jonathan :Stinky

ok guys...seems to be a vague plan here!

subject to weather etc, we will book a saturday breydon lift and johnathan may well book a sunday lift aswell.

It would seem to me that gives everyone else two options if they are unable to get under somerleyton, and whatever happens...we all end up in lowestoft (whether hamilton, Rnsyc or Haven marina) to make a decision there on what happens next.

As the condition are unpredictable, but the lifts do have to be organised (and can be cancelled) I suggest we do it.

lb :pirate :pirate :pirate

We have decided to go out on a 11am bridge on Sunday and spend the night at the Haven satellite. Will have a look at it Monday morning and if ok will run down to Southwold Monday afternoon. Will worry about coming back when we are ready to come back.

That is exactly what I was originally planning to do. Oh decisions, decisions!

Windguru is not carrying close inshore information for Lowestoft at the moment so there information is offshore currently

It is on my machine, also showing Kessingland which is the same.

In the end it is the skippers choice to go or not. I am treating theweekend with caution at the moment.

Paul

Met prediction for sunday just updates....

AM NW 8 gusting 34

PM and Night northerly 13 gusting 42

Monday AM Northerly 10 gusting 35

Does this mean I need to fit a mast and buy a spinnaker? :naughty:

Think we will potter down to Oulton Broad then send the kiddies home and join you guys on tuesday if you are still there cheersbar

Just looking at the met office inshore for the weekend and not looking to good. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/mar ... thForeland

Would be happ to leave from Lowestoft with these forcasts but not so happy with Yarmouth un sighted.

Now with strong southerly winds on Saturday and Sunday pm and two of the lowest tides at around 7/7.30pm Sommerleyton. What are the chances of us sneaking under. I have been under 11"2" on the bottom of a spring tide.

What are peoples air drafts. Just thinking of plan bb. ( which stands for bl...dy bridge)

Well, I am still a bit undecided as to whether to go around the outside from Yarmouth to Lowestoft on Sunday, or via Somerleyton. There was already a lift at Haven bridge booked on Sunday for 12:00 noon for another vessel, so I have simply tagged onto that and will just cancel if I decide to bottle it, as there are no other lifts booked on Sunday at all.

It is looking like it will be a bit lumpy, but assuming the wind direction is going to maintain NW I am hoping it will be like a couple of weeks ago when Col and I headed back to Yarmouth; White Horses on Oulton and yet a calm sea :grin:

We are booked for 11.15am for Breydon Bridge tomorrow morning. There are six boats booked in...

Our thoughts are that we can do the bit to Lowestoft and then watch from the RNSYC. If it is too rough, will come back in onto the quay Yarmouth.

Met office have the wind going southerly 5/6 tomorrow morning aginst a tide running n to s :o

then veering westerly by Sunday morning increasing 7. At the moment I am opting for the Sunday at 12 If you want to drop in at Reedham Mark we can drive down and have a look at it. :grin:

Have booked onto the 12 o clock bridge at Breydon for Sunday but conditions have changed considerably from yesterday and may not be going anywhere, even with a spring low I can't see Somerleyton giving 12'6" or will it?

Hi

I was on the beach at Hopton this morning - the sea was very flat and calm - I know that does'nt help much though :grin:

What I have noticed over the past few weeks is fishing boat laying either nets or pots. I am at the beach most days with the dog since we got him last August and have not seen that before, but not being a fisherman I guess that could be a seasonal thing. Anyway the little yellow buoys have flags on them and sometimes seem to be a fair way out, so if you are coming from Yarmouth something else to watch out for :shocked

As it stands at the moment we are booked into Hamilton for Sunday afternoon. Might take a walk up to Sgt. Peppers if it's still there - not been there for years.

regards all

Wayne

Hi

As it stands at the moment we are booked into Hamilton for Sunday afternoon. Might take a walk up to Sgt. Peppers if it's still there - not been there for years.

regards all

Wayne

SGT Peppers is indeed still there, and does a cracking meal at reasonable prices.

Looking very confused, every site is giving something different for Sunday. We are booked on the 12pm lift at Breydon for Sunday and it looks doable but not pleasant. Southwold is empty as identified by Jonathan the intrepid explorer who went down by car to check it out, only 1 boat of the 25 booked in there.

My feeling is to run down Tuesday on improving weather, what does every one else think?

On this mornings weather we have decided to stay put until Tuesday. Wind is building all day to gale then strong but dropping off Monday and continuing to improve through the week.

Our plans are now to run out of Yarmouth on Tuesday and go straight down.

As it stands forecast wise there should be no problem with getting back latter in the week.

Weather report looks good for tomorrow. 3mph winds and small chance of light rain. Looks to be getting better every day for your trip back. Fingers crossed for lots of sun.

Have a great trip, Looks to be lots of fun. wish i was coming too.

Andy

Well we've made it to wrc which means we are now commited to going bk through Yarmouth at some point as it was cv close at sommerleyton

well apart from a nice chilled out day here we can take the boys home on the train. And watch Wayne and crew polish sea Jen some more ...it's looking good by the way