Breydon Bridge Now Operational!

Dear All

Urgent Boating News - The Authority has been informed that Breydon Bridge at Great Yarmouth has been repaired and is now operational.

Kind Regards 

Laura Milner

Administrative Officer Operations

Broads Authority

Tel: 01603 756035 

Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road. Norwich NR1 1RY
01603 610734
www.broads-authority.gov.uk

• riyadhcrew changed the title to Breydon Bridge Now Operational!
34 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

I would imagine you considered plan c & d as well Griff

Best wishes for the voyage

:default_biggrin:

B - being Lowestoft , c- being road transport , d- being leaving it where it is , just a guess obviously :15_yum: the problem with Lowestoft is it doesn't allow a blast across braydon on less you do it there and back :default_biggrin:

11 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

We had  B and C both involved a  Lowestoft entrance and a D at GYA. No road trip or abandon the trip 

Griff

If there's a fixed broken structure between A and B how do you get there if your too tall to fit under it ? Or was the plan to leave it at Yarmouth till it was repaired ? ..a road trip would have been no fun anyway although perfectly possible but fun factor 0% ,+ if the weather is bad then unless insanity rules its abandon trip , plenty of times iv been out off shore n thought no problem n lived to regret it .

I agree with that Charlie, without wishing to dampen Ricardo's enthusiasm!

I have been up and down the Channel many times, in ships, MFV's and sailing yachts. I also remember people from the Broads such as Perci Percival, Leslie Landamore, Jimmy Clabburn, Gilbert Wright from Buckenham Ferry and so many others who had their own sea-going boats and regularly crossed the North Sea to Holland. All we know of their trips are the stories that they used to tell in The Black Horse, the New Inn or the Beauchamp Arms.

Thanks to internet technology, we are able to sit back and enjoy this unique experience that Robin and his crew are willing to share with us.

I am enjoying every moment of it and I thank them for sharing it with the forum!

Bon voyage!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Bound2Please said:

Ricardo shall we just leave off the comments for a while, and sit back and enjoy the updates from the crew.

Charlie accept my resignation as a member I dammed if I'm going to have my opinion changed just to follow  fashion , why should I I'm an individual and knowledgeable but because I see things differently then I get posts such as that , if I talked utter rubbish then iv no idea how I managed to get so many likes on 3 occasions in the last 31 day ! , shooting down those with a different view will see this place turn into a yes man situation and all those that don't agree will leave , that to mecis not a forum that's a dictatorship and a stagnant place where people polish others assumed halo's .

in reality, as the bridge has reopened its a bit of a non issue, with plan A being in force once again, so plans B,C and D are reassigned to other unforseen issues (remember Griff doesnt do problems). 

I think we are tending to overthink things here through trying to help Robin out.

I think its great that we are all pulling together behind the scenes to help Robin in his  big adventure - and would like to thank everyone for doing their best in aid of Robins enterprises with Independence.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Regulo said:

What was wrong with Ricardo's comment?

Nothing at all.

It's just that I feel Charlie was expressing a rather deeper emotion.

We are following the story of one of our members who has decided to go out on a limb and buy a boat, not just because it is a dream but because it may change the direction of his way of life.

On top of that, we have his friends, members of this forum, who have moved heaven and earth to help him get it all together and have great fun in the process. I wish I could be with them!

We are all behind them, we all may have technical ideas that we wish to offer but above all, we will be sharing this journey with them tomorrow, and we are privileged to be able to do so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am also uncomfortable, with the way the forum is moving. Can we please understand that not everyone shares the same opinion? Ricardo was merely asking a question, and making suggestions, whilst these suggestions and questions may be different from the received wisdom of the "inner sanctum" of this group, they are perfectly reasonable questions and opinions. 

• Like 2

This not a fanboy forum is it?

Or is it beginning to turn into one?

All opinions are equal as long as no one gets insulted.

And no ones opinion is more equal than others.

The big danger is forming a little gang of opinions that no one is allowed to comment on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Ricardo shall we just leave off the comments for a while, and sit back and enjoy the updates from the crew.

I hardly think this is harsh moderation.

I enjoy most of Ricardo's post but on this and the Independence thread there has been a tendency to , for want of a better word "snipe" at Robins dream.

It may not be everyone idea of a dream but it is Robins,  he is sharing his adventure,  not seeking constant advice.

As one of  several posters who have challenged his comments and criticism I felt he was needlessly  provocative in his posts,  the implied suggestion of the rib ripping up the Yare just one example.

I would rather Ricardo remains as a contributor, I also enjoy his input and knowledge,   when it is asked for.

My only advice would be,  think what you like, but please let the Indy thread run without constant input.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

I hardly think this is harsh moderation.

I enjoy most of Ricardo's post but on this and the Independence thread there has been a tendency to , for want of a better word "snipe" at Robins dream.

It may not be everyone idea of a dream but it is Robins,  he is sharing his adventure,  not seeking constant advice.

As one of  several posters who have challenged his comments and criticism I felt he was needlessly  provocative in his posts,  the implied suggestion of the rib ripping up the Yare just one example.

I would rather Ricardo remains as a contributor, I also enjoy his input and knowledge,   when it is asked for.

My only advice would be,  think what you like, but please let the Indy thread run without constant input.

Right since my name is mentioned and certain accusation's made though I do feel that's a little bit if a string word so I'll apologise in advance .

1 - Robin has asked for advice , eg free heat and several other occasions , I and others have given advice on that subject and others as it was being asked for.

2 - I do not snipe at people if they decide not to follow advice there is nothing I or anyone else can do about that n thats that as far as I'm concerned , but if I can prevent someone making a possibly expensive mistake with my knowledge of things,then surely that's yge decent thing to do , but as iv just said I can't force them to accept it nor would I .

3 -   no where did I accuse Robin or anyone else of potentially tearing up the river yare or anywhere else for that matter , my point then is exactly as it is now the top speed is totally irrelevant in an area with low speed limits , and I did point out that many people ignore that in the brundall and surrounding areas , at no point did I accuse anyone in charge of that particular rib of even thinking of doing that .

4 - to have a member state that any other member should let a thread run without input when they themselves are on it several times a day commenting amounts to member to member moderation , and incidentally its unclear if Charlie's remark in his post amounts to moderation it was not stated he could have for all anyone knows been talking as purely a member , and that is exactly why  ( as it was discussed previously ) that members need to be made aware of if a mod is speaking as a mod or as a member as there's a whole world of difference in the meaning of the post , my suggestion would be the phrase that's some times used " mod hat off" that way everyone knows the difference .

Now I wasn't going to post any longer but fist of all I need to find out exactly what it means when someone is following another .member , iv a suspicion I already know and I how that's proved wrong otherwise I'm off faster than any rib I can assure you of that .