2018 Calendar Competition Entry for the 2019 calendarThread

Bound2Please

6 hours ago, Maxwellian said:

Feeling a little better Tim?

Not particularly my friend, antibiotics not working and I just cannot seem to shift this one. Back with the mountebank first thing this morning to try something different, then back to bed!

Is it too late for another entry?

Just off the entrance on to Rockland Broad.

100_3417.thumb.JPG.20894c8c8b2f95c613a4d3d895788ef7.JPG

This has taken 958KB and is sent as a Jpeg.

When we exported it, it said we could also send the original by IPTC as XMP if we sent it as a TIFF. Does this make any sense to anyone? It doesn't, to me!

By pure coincidence, September's picture on this year's calendar was taken by me on a basic Kodak digital camera and Susie is pretty sure that she sent it at high resolution on a Jpeg. Is this the sort of reproduction that we are looking for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Now't wrong with J.Peg. It's useful, simple, does the job, what more can we ask of it? 

Most of the photos I take on my camera (24.3MP sensor) result in images of between 13 and 16MP using jpeg format.  I would have thought that these,  taken on a good quality camera, should be suitable for the calendar, if I was suffiently fortunate to have one selected. 

I realise that RAW files are better, however the reason I shoot jpegs is simply that I currently do not have time for post processing, preferring to try to get the exposure right in the camera, in the first place.

• Like 1

Your jpegs will be perfectly acceptable. Those able to send in RAW or CYMK or whatever it was will also be most welcome. The calendar will be stunning and possibly one of our best yet - have you seen this years selection that we have to choose from?

I had wondered about having a calendar for this year's wooden boat show but it seems 'Fabulous Woodies' was more likely to get me an appointment with the constabulary than the printers :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 27/09/2018 at 16:22, JanetAnne said:

I had wondered about having a calendar for this year's wooden boat show but it seems 'Fabulous Woodies' was more likely to get me an appointment with the constabulary than the printers :facepalm:

Could you use the photos from this years C-in-C at Oulton.

On 27/09/2018 at 16:22, JanetAnne said:

You should see some of the stuff we print, it’s quite eye opening...