Good News/Bad News Eberspacher D4

Guest Jupiter Mist

Hi all,

well the goods news is that on Ebay I have found an ECU for the D4 and the current highest bid is £5.19 (mine!!). With only 2 days left at auction I am starting to ask the question that I stand a good chance of winning this, but is it too good to be true (as the best UK price of over £300 and over £500 from Panks, fitted (or should I say, fitted up!) :norty:

Now...heres the thing, I am happy to part with £20 on the basis that it may be faulty (its not being sold as "tested in working order").. or it may not be. 50/50 chance that I could get an absolute bargain or loose £20, HOWEVER,

on closer inspection the part number on the ebay picture does not exactly match that on other UK suppliers websites. instead of 225101003005 it is 225101001005.

My first thought was that the e bayer may have incorrectly stated as 12v D4 ECU and it could be a D2 or 24v version. Having checked all of those part nrs, none stack up with this item code.

So...being monsieur closeau, having googled the part number, I find that the part number does exist, furthermore it is a 12 v D4 ECU but only appears in Russian/eastern European dealer websites that supply D4's for trucks (it would seem).

The schematic diagrams are identical to those in the UK/USA etc and my Russian is fluent enough to identify that it is the same generic part, but before I gamble with my £20 potential bargain, is there any reason why a D4 unit fitted to a truck in Moscow is any different to a D4 fitted to a Sealine in southampton? There doesnt appear to be any difference in the product supplied to trucks or boats.

Any Eber guru's out there?

adam... :pirate :pirate :pirate

I can't see any reason why it should be different and as you say at the right price its well worth a punt. You could always resell on Ebay if its wrong. :naughty:

Edited to say this chap seams to sell quite a bit of eberspacher stuff so should know what he is talking about. The fact he got it as part of a job lot means 50/50 would be good odds on it working.

The fan and pin timing on start up and dose pump rate may differ if it is for ultra cold climates but apart from that I can see no reason that it won't actually work, just slightly differently from the current one and maybe not quite so efficient.

thanks guys :bow:bow

Gonna take the chance of loosing £20 if its faulty...if its not faulty...my hunch is that this will work!

Hey Johnathan...no counter bidding please! :naughty::naughty:

lb :pirate :pirate :pirate

thanks guys :bow:bow

Gonna take the chance of loosing £20 if its faulty...if its not faulty...my hunch is that this will work!

Hey Johnathan...no counter bidding please! :naughty::naughty:

Ðдам пожалуйÑта Ñ Ð´ÐµÐ»Ð°Ñ‚ÑŒ Ñто к Вам. :naughty:

Джонатан :Stinky

Ðо Ñто получить ÑобÑтвенный морÑкой нагреватель чаÑтей two gunstwo gunstwo guns

roughly translated as "get your own marine heater parts"! :naughty:

ooh just seen your post Ian...I am still bidding on the ebay one, less than 2 days to go...if it goes downhill, yes I would be very interested.

Ðдам :naughty:

Hi Luke,

53 mins left and the current bid is £21. all of the counterbids were from the same buyer...so unless its IAN two gunstwo guns I hope to have fended them off.

Then..i just hope the damn thing works!!

Just a thought Adam but in a boat that worth over 100k with a heating system that cost circa 2k you are going to fit a ecu for the controlled burning of fuel in the depths of the boat that cost £21 from a Russian on Ebay. :lol:

I don't think it's the life boat you'll need.

Jonathan :Stinky

Hmmm...thanks Johnathan two guns

I do take the point, and its either going to simply not work at all, blow up in my face or will work fine..the seller is from the UK but the unit appears to be for the eastern european and Italian markets.

I will have my fire extinguisher at the ready though just in case!!! :naughty:

Auction closed...ECU sold to me for £21!! woo-hoo :dance

Now...its either going to work or its not!

If it doesn't work, I will have to pay £330 for a new one (£500 if panks fitted) or if it does I have saved at least £310.

Thats a lot of rum...so needless to say, whatever the outcome, I just had to give this a go!!! :naughty:

adam... :pirate :pirate :pirate