Single Parent Hiring Boats

Loddonlad

1 hour ago, Wussername said:

Sorry Philosophical (may I call you Phil) I'm a bit confused by "to hide other reasons" .

Andrew

First yes you can call me Phil thanks,

You cut your quotation a bit short to omit the word "can be used.........."

It was speculation that risk assessment advises ..........,  is an acceptable reason for allowing or not, something in the same way that "computer says no" is. 

• 1 year later...

Pretty disappointed, was about to book a holiday for me and my daughter (10 going on 18!!)  I'm a single dad and we'd discussed holiday options like all inclusive Mexico, but we agreed on a Broads holiday - her choice. The 2 adults policy is really draconian, can anyone help with a workaround? Are there any boatyards friendly to single parents?

you could try some of the smaller yards, Marthams still hire out to solo hirers, so may well hire to a single parent and child, give them a ring and talk to them, there are other small yards that might well if you talk to them.

Hi,

You need to approach the yards directly. The agents such as Hoseasons don't allow it however some yards do if booked direct. I know Richardson's and Herbert Woods don't and I thought NBD (Faircraft) didn't however I have just watched Russell the Admiral vlogs confirm they do , atleast in his case. So a call to any yard other than the two mentioned above is probably worth a try.

As mentioned by others, Barnes, Pacific and Martham definitely do

Neil

• Like 1

Hi,
You need to approach the yards directly. The agents such as Hoseasons don't allow it however some yards do if booked direct. I know Richardson's and Herbert Woods don't and I thought NBD (Faircraft) didn't however I have just watched Russell the Admiral vlogs confirm they do , atleast in his case. So a call to any yard other than the two mentioned above is probably worth a try.
As mentioned by others, Barnes, Pacific and Martham definitely do
Neil
I believe that in Russell's case when he hired from NBD he actually had a companion with him who wasn't featured in his vlog . So he wasn't actually solo hiring on this occasion

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

3 hours ago, lakesailor said:

I believe that in Russell's case when he hired from NBD he actually had a companion with him who wasn't featured in his vlog . So he wasn't actually solo hiring on this occasion

No, he did the first time he hired there, but with Fair Executive in April he was solo. I've just been enjoying the vlog. 

I still feel bitter about the Richardsons debacle, even a year and a half on. I've seen Broadland Wave 2 (which I had solo twice and I loved) a couple of times and it really grates on me they won't let me hire it solo any longer. Thank goodness for the sensible operators I now go with. 

• Like 1

No, he did the first time he hired there, but with Fair Executive in April he was solo. I've just been enjoying the vlog. 
In the vlog it's done as though he alone on fair executive in April but he had a companion with him . Russell has said this himself on Facebook when asked how he was allowed to solo hire . NBD unfortunately don't allow solo hirers .

2 hours ago, lakesailor said:

In the vlog it's done as though he alone on fair executive in April but he had a companion with him . Russell has said this himself on Facebook when asked how he was allowed to solo hire . NBD unfortunately don't allow solo hirers .

Blimey, from the vlog I'd have never have guessed that.

• Like 2