Fishing the River Wensum.

Guest RiverRoamer

Hi all, i`m fishing the Wensum this year and was hoping for some advice on areas you can night fish, must be in safe areas of course and off the beaten track is even better, areas around Hellsedon and Costessey look quite nice from whatI an tell, any info would be much appreciated ;)

The vast majority of the upper wensum is private fishing,what species are you looking to target,I will then be able to give you some good venues

I am local and live in Norwich so I am familar with the waters.

Well I have decided to give the Barbel a miss year as last season wasn`t too good for one reason or another, I have decided to try my hand at a River Carp which can only be the next best thing, I live near the Yare also and have heard this could be a good place but The Wensum has to be favourite for all species, Thanks Kingo ;-)

River Carp are quite shy,my son and his friend often fish for them,the main spots they have caught are,Postwick Staithe,The River Green Thorpe st Andrew,New Mills Yard and the area near Wensum Park.

They have caught at all the above last season inc a 35lb at New Mills Yard being the best,they normally feed with the shoals of Bream.

Good Luck