Dog Friendly Pubs

19 hours ago, SteveDuk said:

I have quite a few marked on my map for the northern Broads which I will list here. If you know of any others, especially on the southern Broads please add them.

And by 'Dog Friendly' I really mean ones that let dogs inside :)

Northern Broads

The White Horse Neatishead*

The Dog Ludham Bridge

The Lion Thurne

Hotel Wroxham Guess :default_biggrin:

The Boatshed Wroxham*

The Maltsters Ranworth

*These were the dogs favourites due to the dog treats given by the bar staff :default_beerchug:

The Hotel Wroxham is indeed dog friendly, in the bar at the back but not in the dining room. The Lion, Thurne Dyke is also dog friendly...

4 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

I love the Geldeston Locks with a passion but I do not love scraping the dog mess off my shoes or off the clothes of my grandchild. In that regard nil points to The Locks. 

Try being careful where you tread. I find that works with both dog's poo and children.  :-D 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 14/02/2018 at 12:23, JennyMorgan said:

I love the Geldeston Locks with a passion but I do not love scraping the dog mess off my shoes or off the clothes of my grandchild. In that regard nil points to The Locks. 

Partly the pubs fault for allowing it and not clearing it up but mostly the dog owners for not watching their dog , some dog owners are totally irresponsible including the bag it n chuck it brigade in many ways that is more of a crime .

Be 3 yrs this yr since iv been to the locks time for a revisit I recon this time complete with team dog ( and team pigeon :default_biggrin: ) n yep armed with poo bags n good eyesight :15_yum: .

• 1 year later...

I was just searching for dog friendly pubs, for preparation for the summer trip when I found this thread (I'm sure I've read it before)

So rather than start another I'll add these additions (apologies if some of these are already listed)

Fur & Feather Woodbastwick (have a dog friendly part inside)

Pleasure Boat Hickling

Three Horseshoes North Cove

The Bell St Olaves

The Fisherman's Bar Burgh Castle

Rushcutters Arms Thorpe (middle part of pub near bar)

The Compleat Angler (there are better, but nice on the river terrace) Norwich

Red Lion Norwich

Adam & Eve Norwich

I have either sat inside with my dog or seen dogs inside (nice weather we sit in the garden)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Red Lion is closed currently although hopefully will reopen again soon if a new tenant can be found. The Kings Head is a superb pub and dog friendly although a bit of a walk from the river. Ditto the Leopard. 

I think the majority of pubs on the Broads are dog friendly albeit with restrictions in some. The ones that don't allow dogs are probably not worth going in anyway. :default_norty:

There is no valid reason to refuse dogs if a pub serves food. Our friend Tim Martin won't let dogs in of course although badly behaved kids are welcomed with open arms. I wouldn't drink in his establishments anyway. :default_biggrin:

In my experience the vast majority of people who bring dogs in pubs are responsible and have well behaved pets. You will always get the odd exception but thankfully extremely rarely. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Red Lion is closed currently although hopefully will reopen again soon if a new tenant can be found. The Kings Head is a superb pub and dog friendly although a bit of a walk from the river. Ditto the Leopard. 

Where's Ditto the Leopard? :default_beerchug:

:594c04f07a501_default_AnimatedGifCats(124):

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Sorry Liz, Leopard is on Bull Close Road. Very good pub it would be a bit of a walk from the Yacht Station but quite do-able. 

My ignorance, must have been gone past countless times but never noticed it.  Only ever noticed the Artichoke at Magdalen Gates!

• Like 1

Its on quite a busy road Liz, so easily missed. Highly recommended though.

Now the Artichoke was a run down Pub Co pub but has now been bought by the owner of the excellent Golden Triangle Brewery. Its been transformed and is now very welcoming, does food and an excellent selection of beers and gins (according to Mrs Nog). Again highly recommended. just not sure if dogs are allowed.

I suppose I'm guilty of wandering off topic slightly, I'll drink a pint of John Smiths in penance. :default_biggrin:

I think the Dukes Head at Somerleyton is bar only but yes, it would probably be easier to list those pubs that don't allow dogs. 

The Broads is a rural/tourist area and pubs that don't allow dogs are missing a trick. 

Funnily enough it's often more town pubs that don't allow dogs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

I think the Dukes Head at Somerleyton is bar only but yes, it would probably be easier to list those pubs that don't allow dogs. 

The Broads is a rural/tourist area and pubs that don't allow dogs are missing a trick. 

Funnily enough it's often more town pubs that don't allow dogs. 

Yes definitely bar only in the Duke at somerlayton .

• Like 1