• Announcements

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NBN MOBILE APP IS CURRENTLY NOT WORKING

That would be a book that i would love to add to my shelf, both Bill and I are very keen wildlife enthusiasts, both land and sea based, and we once owned a living reef tank which was built into the wall of our previous home, separating the lounge from the dining room, and we learned so much from owning that about marine life, and the requirements of living in our oceans :)

I will keep that number safe David, and add it to my Christmas pressie wish list, i already own a couple of books on the subject, but more based on fishkeeping and angling than a comprehensive encyclopaedia of the oceans wildlife cheers

We did manage to spot flying fish and pipe fish in the wild, when we last went out saling on on a Catamaran around the tropical islands around Antigua, and a few different species of Whales and dolphins around Madeira and in the bay of Biscay on our return, but more locally, we have seen Basking sharks and Sunfish just off the coast around Padstow whist we were out doing a Rick Stien trip, but one fish i would love to see for real is a pike, which sadly the only one we ever spotted was a small dead one floating in a local canal, which was quite decomposed :(

Heres the link Julz,look in top left hand corner for Amazon

http://isbndb.com/d/book/multilingual_d ... s_a02.html

When I was young, about 15 years ago, I went sea fishing with my dad and we caught a dog fish, the skipper put it in the bucket and siad it would taste nice.

I asked my dad why it was called a dog fish, and he said, go and feel it.

I leant over the bucket, and touched it.

While I was dooing that he went "WOOOOOF"

I jumped back and nearly fell overboard.

:Stinky

hi,

up to about 3 years ago ,used to sea fish quiete a lot along north norfolk coast,mainly the catch was flat fish,with bass and dog fish,and the ocassional codlin g in winter,my all time favorite catch was a 12ib bass caught on Cromer pier,it was some fight from that height,and we landed it in a drop net,

From the boat i have caught sea trout......and i am not going to tell you the mark!!

hi,

up to about 3 years ago ,used to sea fish quiete a lot along north norfolk coast,mainly the catch was flat fish,with bass and dog fish,and the ocassional codlin g in winter,my all time favorite catch was a 12ib bass caught on Cromer pier,it was some fight from that height,and we landed it in a drop net,

From the boat i have caught sea trout......and i am not going to tell you the mark!!

I was at Loddon staithe in September 2008,fishing off the boat with a friend,he caught a Sea Trout of about 3lb whilst fishing for Roach,that was a nice surprise.

Where did you say that Sea mark was?