It's Not Yet Spring But!

Chelsea14Ian

It's not  yet spring, but what a lovely bright day ,we had  a few this week.The mornings are getting lighter,So to are the evenings.Okay winter can and perhaps will bite back.In the words of the great man.Now this is not the end.It is not even the beginning of the end.But it is perhaps the end of the beginning.Still a long way before the sun cream comes out,won't be long before back on the water.

I am sure someone will post a picture of a spring round the corner. 

:default_stinky::594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily::default_sailing: :default_icon_cool:

Ian 

• Like 4

For those of us that keep an eye on nature, the Skylark at the back of our house has now started his singing, the Blackbirds are fighting over who's garden it is and some of the Cuckoo's have already started their migration back to the UK a few weeks early:-

Cuckoos 

The indications of an early spring are there but there's still time for a brief cold spell.

• Like 3

What a great weekend! We got so much done. All clean and tidy. Flushed out the water system so its all ready to fill up next time. I did clean the fenders although they didnt come up as well as Id hoped but at least the green has gone and we replaced that annoying mismatch of ropes with shiny new ones and equal amounts on each side   A first for me - I saw an otter. He popped his head up a foot away from me while i was cleaning the fenders.  

New flooring down. Cant afford the teak so we went with good old  lino which is going to be much better when the dogs are on board.   Then had a break listening to Classic FM looking up at the blue sky.   The sunny days  really made the work weve been doing for the last few months worthwhile. :) 

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0565.PNG

• Like 7

On 16/02/2018 at 17:03, Chelsea14Ian said:

It's not  yet spring, but what a lovely bright day ,we had  a few this week.The mornings are getting lighter,So to are the evenings.Okay winter can and perhaps will bite back.In the words of the great man.Now this is not the end.It is not even the beginning of the end.But it is perhaps the end of the beginning.Still a long way before the sun cream comes out,won't be long before back on the water.

I am sure someone will post a picture of a spring round the corner. 

Ian 

Haven't had time to get into the garden to take any photos but we have some beautiful yellow crocuses in our garden and the daffodils are also already flowering on the green around the corner. And ... I was even able to dry my washing outside yesterday. Could be some cold weather and chilly nights in the next couple of weeks but even just the simple pleasure of being able to walk home after work in daylight lifts my spirits. :)

• Like 4