• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Chelsea14Ian

It's Not Yet Spring But!

It's not  yet spring, but what a lovely bright day ,we had  a few this week.The mornings are getting lighter,So to are the evenings.Okay winter can and perhaps will bite back.In the words of the great man.Now this is not the end.It is not even the beginning of the end.But it is perhaps the end of the beginning.Still a long way before the sun cream comes out,won't be long before back on the water.

I am sure someone will post a picture of a spring round the corner. 

:default_stinky::594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily::default_sailing: :default_icon_cool:

Ian 

• Like 4

Much my thinking. positive waves all round. Nice day, first of many.

• Like 2

We are spending this weekend on the boat to hopefully get the last main jobs done. It will have to be sunny because I want to clean the fenders and change the ropes as the red one is really annoying me now. 

IMG_0563.PNG

• Like 1

Good luck cleaning them!

that looks like a falcon 27 me thinks 

It looks like it is going to be a nice weekend so I have my cleaning head on to get rid of a bit of winter grime.

John

Really hope the weather changes soon as were having the boat de winterised in 2 weeks,ready for our first cruise of the long awaited new season.Pain before pleasure though, the Big Clean :default_blush:.Any body else gonna be about on the northern rivers on the first week end in March?:594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily:

• Like 2

It is a Falcon 27  John. :)

We will start to potter around the northern rivers in the next few weeks

Already given the boat a jolly good jet wash. Sails go back on next month. 

3B436032-C190-4092-AD01-73EDAB4142D7.jpeg

78D2AA6C-5E59-462D-8892-216A4FA7F183.jpeg

• Like 2

mmm,    I n eed to catch up!! the whole thing has now collapased!!, waiting for the hood company to start!!, terrible wind!falcon.thumb.jpg.69c06fba1dc6751054af163e76546a04.jpg

terrible wind!

Either stop eating sprouts or go and get treatment!

Griff

Just now, BroadAmbition said:

terrible wind!

Griff

you forgot.....the ale!!

• Haha 1

Ok, I thought our canopy wasnt so good. I put my hand through a side panel when it split the other week. 

Sorry to be a doom goblin but I heard two weather forecasters slip, "we are expecting very cold weather to return before the end of the month" ,on the end of forecasts yesterday.

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

terrible wind!

Griff

I hear that charcoal biscuits are available from good pet stores. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes as I said quoting the great man and saying winter may bite,but it is the start.With days like today it gives hope.

• Like 1

For those of us that keep an eye on nature, the Skylark at the back of our house has now started his singing, the Blackbirds are fighting over who's garden it is and some of the Cuckoo's have already started their migration back to the UK a few weeks early:-

Cuckoos 

The indications of an early spring are there but there's still time for a brief cold spell.

• Like 3

What a great weekend! We got so much done. All clean and tidy. Flushed out the water system so its all ready to fill up next time. I did clean the fenders although they didnt come up as well as Id hoped but at least the green has gone and we replaced that annoying mismatch of ropes with shiny new ones and equal amounts on each side   A first for me - I saw an otter. He popped his head up a foot away from me while i was cleaning the fenders.  

New flooring down. Cant afford the teak so we went with good old  lino which is going to be much better when the dogs are on board.   Then had a break listening to Classic FM looking up at the blue sky.   The sunny days  really made the work weve been doing for the last few months worthwhile. :) 

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0565.PNG

• Like 7

On 16/02/2018 at 17:03, Chelsea14Ian said:

It's not  yet spring, but what a lovely bright day ,we had  a few this week.The mornings are getting lighter,So to are the evenings.Okay winter can and perhaps will bite back.In the words of the great man.Now this is not the end.It is not even the beginning of the end.But it is perhaps the end of the beginning.Still a long way before the sun cream comes out,won't be long before back on the water.

I am sure someone will post a picture of a spring round the corner. 

Ian 

Haven't had time to get into the garden to take any photos but we have some beautiful yellow crocuses in our garden and the daffodils are also already flowering on the green around the corner. And ... I was even able to dry my washing outside yesterday. Could be some cold weather and chilly nights in the next couple of weeks but even just the simple pleasure of being able to walk home after work in daylight lifts my spirits. :)

• Like 4

Four days of bright blue skies and mild temperatures in a row here. Definitely feels as though spring is on the way. Wish we'd been able to spend time on the boat but had to hand the grand-nipper back to his parents this weekend. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

It,s nearly here our garden is springing to life, have one or two crocus out and plenty of these, daffs are a while off,Norfolk.IMG_1934.thumb.JPG.822a8a17761fafc7025a18d0218035a1.JPGIMG_1935.thumb.JPG.d4c86a63cbc36e04e6824e40dceb752a.JPG

• Like 4